Anger management

There have been times I liked anger, but those were rare. Anger can have both pleasure and pain simultaneously. But usually I loath it like nothing else. It is hell to me and mix in some hate and I really can’t take it. I’d rather never be angry again. I first encountered anger as a child when my brother was in adolescence, his disruptions, and it must have made me think somehow it was unacceptable.

1 Like

Maybe try singing some positive songs everyday to fight resentment. Also forgiving and forgetting is important. Its the constant rememberance of the wrongs people have done to you i think that feeds anger, so we have to let it go. Anger once it drains us of all our energy makes us feel super depressed. More anger = deeper depression.

Love you dude i hope you can find some balance today :heart: :pray:

1 Like

Anger is good and healthy.

Rage and hatred is not.

2 Likes

I think learning to forgive ourselves is just as important as forgiving others. Don’t hold higher standards for what you are willing to forgive yourself for than others. I know I have to work on this. I’m not superman, just another flawed individual.

emotions are horrible. i only feel them when something stresses me out and i do not like them. i like a steady peaceful ride.

1 Like

You must be frozen by over medication. When I feel nothing I usually feel bad, like emotions from unemotion. I feel it because I cannot face reality and it is a worse reality.

1 Like

i feel peaceful. that is the only feeling i look for. i dont like any other. i isolate myself as i need peace and silence. i understand what you mean. i fought with reality for a very long time. i lived in the city and i need silence and nature. so i was trying to fit a square into a circle.

2 Likes

I don’t miss the bouts of extreme rage while on meds… even scared myself as to how angry I gotten. Screamed outdoors in public as well, was fearful then and did it from self defense. Hope it never happens, but was out of my control. Almost got hospitalized when they learned I threw tiles from my balcony and they thought I was about to hurt someone. But to me it was self defense from the voices.

1 Like

@egofree i am only looking for peace and quiet all of the time too. I can’t handle very much. I definitely have sensory issues

1 Like

I live with hubby and im always in a different room to him. I like to be in the quiet, tv off most of the time etc.
Unlike you though i find it difficult to relax

1 Like

I understand what you are saying. Also I believe anger is a healthy feeling to have in moderation - but extreme outburst of anger is so bad. And it happens when i am in psychosis. I do a lot of damage.

I read that in an book.

I lose my temper when my oxygen hose gets tangled. I need to take a deep breath and count to ten.

I was raised in an environment where the only acceptable emotions were anger and hate. However, since moving to the state I live in now, with proper meds and behavior modification I don’t live like that anymore. I know something’s wrong when those feelings surface.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.