I can't control my anger

ITS NOT ME. I am a peaceful person and I am such a hippie otherwise but when I’m mad it’s not me who reacts… I’m not the one who beats on walls and bruises myself and swells up my hand. It isn’t me!!! I’m fighting someone else and it’s like the anger feeds into it. I feel the good and bad fighting between my own personal yin and yang when I’m upset. the good doesn’t win. I say and do things that cause problems for me and everyone around me. and the good in me is stuck dealing with the consequences after I calm down. (which doesn’t take long at all, like a snap of a finger.)
I’ve found nothing that helps me with this :sob: why can’t I be ■■■■■■■ normal

Have you ever taken a mood stabilizer? You might want to talk to your pdoc about that. Personally, I’m one of those guys who everyone thinks is mild mannered and forgiving, but I have my angry side too. When I get off an AP I experience intense anger, and some of the things I’ve said and done when I was in that state still shock me.

1 Like

I usta have this issue as a kid up till i turned about 22…meditation helped me…i also have zero expectations this gives way to more joy and less hate…it took time and lots of violent video games to get to this happy place but you can do it too…

meditation used to help me greatly and now I can’t focus enough to meditate anymore. it makes me cry. meditation was my go to for every emotion and I literally had it mastered. I could meditate in a loud, crowded room. and now I can’t even sit cross legged and calm myself down in silence.

1 Like

also. Xbox or PlayStation

1 Like

I have yes. I’ve been off meds for over a year though… they never really did much for me in the first place. and I’ve tried lots

Play loud angry music while playing loud angry games…go for walks under the moonlight…start a fire under the full moon…watch the stars and listin to music…go read a book when you start to get angry…just do something you like to distract yourself…i think its hormones.lol being a teen is hard and being a sz teen is torture…

1 Like

Yeah when I got off one of my meds and had them switched to something else, slowly my moods changed in a very bad way. I never had bad anger issues but I went from being peaceful and easy going to feeling very violent. Something could set me off and it’d litterally ruin my entire day. Im back on the right meds now but I get what ur saying. I feel like I can relate to everything you said.

I don’t take mood stabilizers either, never had to. Were you switched off a med or something? Maybe these issues are ur brain screaming for the medicine you used to take.

I’ve been off em for a long time… I’ve always had anger issues and I thought it was bad when I was young but I feel that I was able to control it better when I was younger… it’s just getting worse. meds never helped with my depression or anything. I got out of that on my own.

1 Like

If you feel it’s getting worse then you should do something about it because I know it’s not fun living like that.

2 Likes

i feel the same way. I had and still have a very bad temper. The feeling you have of it not being you probably means that its a reflexive thing. you were likely in what your brain thought was seroius danger when the anger first was born.

i don’t have any answers, all i can say is breathe and keep fighting

1 Like

Another hippie? Me n minnii were always the official board hippies

2 Likes

I’m such a hippie I’m reading a 300 page novel about a tree

2 Likes

Peace! :peace: :peace:

1 Like

that put a big smile on my face! :smile: I wish I had the patience to read. I stick to planting my flowers, simple yet rewarding :wink::yellow_heart:

note my mood change, ecstatic almost

1 Like

I feel it’s more than that…

Ahahah Good morning to you too

1 Like