An update on myself

I was at health club today for the 8th day in a row.
Did aerobic training, went to sauna and jacuzzi.
It didn’t go particularly well, but Ok.
I played 3 blitz games on lichess, winning against 1514 and 1743 rated players,

and drawing a 1876 rated opponent.

1 Like

What do you do for aerobic training?

1 Like

Hello @Anon10 .
I used to do indoor rower, rowing intensely for about an hour net, about 3 sets at a time with forced rest in between( overall aerobic duration with rest maybe 4 hours).

And with each set the number of strokes I did and the overall duration and “distance”( as measured by a meter

on the rower) increased substantially.

However, I got upper back pain so had to stop that.

( Previously I also did running for long distances, but got knee pain so had to stop that.)

What I do now is alternate between 4 types of aerobics.

Elliptical trainer( resistance setting 2 16), with 2 sets of aerobics- one set to exhaustion, rest, another set to

exhaustion.

Lat machine( upper pulley wide grip)- low weight and hundreds of consecutive repetitions( to exhaustion).

2-3 sets of this.

Leg Press- low weight and hundreds of consecutive repetitions( to exhaustion). 2-3 sets of this.

Low row- low weight and hundreds of consecutive repetitions( to exhaustion). 2-3 sets of this.

These are the 4 types of aerobics I alternate between, I train every day, and so far, so good( no injuries).

Every other day, I also do strength training, and every day I do sauna and jacuzzi.

1 Like

Great job! Very impressive! Hope it felt wonderful!

Sorry, meant to pm! :grin:

That’s great Chess24! I am going to class these days. I was wondering what happened to you. However I am going to the gym less but still want to attend. I am doing water aerobics and yoga.

I should go to the gym more and do a heavy duty workout. It will take my mind off things.

Good job on the exercise. Some decent work and well done you! I’ve found exercise to really help me out. It didn’t just happen overnight and it’s taken some time but the benefits physically and mentally are worth doing it for!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.