Am I sz 1515515

Do many people here have sz without negative symptoms or any personality changes? While I certainly have auditory hallucinations I have absolutely no other symptoms

1 Like

I don’t have personality changes, but you need negative symptoms to be schizophrenic.

1 Like

My pdoc diagnoses me as sz but I dont know what he seen. I just told him about my auditory hallucinations. Maybe I should get a second opinion?

1 Like

I have no negatives but I’m schizophrenic. I thought the criteria was to have atleast 3 different positive symptoms?

1 Like

Maybe it’s changed since then but my pdoc diagnosed me because of my negatives and positives

If you want then go ahead

1 Like

I suppose I did have a delusion that the TVs were cameras but I never told my pdoc that. And it wasn’t a delusion I felt, it was the voices who tricked me into it. Is this still a true delusion?

The “TV is a camera” delusion sounds like the beginning of the thought broadcasting delusion, where you start feeling like everything you do and think is getting broadcasted to everyone else, and even strangers start seemingly reacting to your thoughts.

1 Like

If you were diagnosed with schizophrenia, you probably have schizophrenia. They don’t give this diagnosis unless there’s a damn good reason to. They watch you for 6 whole months to see how your symptoms progress. You need at least two symptoms in most cases, but there are some qualifiers like running commentary, voices conversing with each other, bizarre delusions, etc.

3 Likes

When I had really bad positives I did not really notice my negatives, but as I got better my negatives were a lot more apparent. Maybe you just have not noticed them? When your out with friends would you say you talk just as much as everyone else or less? What are you like at cleaning your house?

1 Like

No, paranoid schizophrenia has no negatives prominent

1 Like

Only auditory hallucinations are not enough. Maybe you have delusions too.
Paranoid schizophrenia has no negatives prominent, and has intact feelings and personality, that’s why it’s the most functioning subtype

1 Like

Oh no I actually thought the tv was a camera and my voices would act like they could see me through it, I didn’t think the people in the tv could see me, and I wasn’t getting messages from the characters on the TV, it was my voices that tricked me into thinking I was under surveillance and the tv screen was the camera

1 Like

Ya your right although I do empty the dishwasher and put on a fire and clean the dishes every other day. I dono. What kinds of voices did you have and when did they stop for you?

1 Like

I thought there was this dead person that made my life hell. The voices stopped around 3 years ago. I still do things like think the neighbors are filming me and stuff though.

1 Like

I don’t really have running commentary but I do have two voices conversing with each other about me. I have sza as there’s a prominent mood problem with my voices and inserted thoughts

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.