I might aswell be schizophrenic?

I’ll have to check with my pdoc for if there’s been that update.
To make it easier to get my benefits since the benefits people did not accept my claim second time round either Until I appeal. ( hopefully this second time round too) It’s a scary thought being not accepted for benefits since I can only work very few hours.
I had voices/delusions for a whole year in 2016 and also had a relapse last year so maybe my new diagnosis should be szc since that is maybe taken more seriously than psychosis.
Is your diagnosis psychosis rather than scz and for how long were u psychotic?

1 Like

For a long time it was just psychosis. But then it hits the 6 month period where you get diagnosed with schizophrenia. Ive had psychosis for about 8 months

1 Like

Do you have any negative symptoms?

1 Like

Severe depression.
Just.

I could be wrong, but I think you have to have negative symptoms for it to be sz. Which if you’re depressed any possible negatives could be blamed on that.

1 Like

Depression and negatives seem to have overlapping things so yes maybe it is negatives or the medicine or something. I don’t know. I personally think it is the medication.
I’ll ask my pdoc and see what they say too thankyou

1 Like

Were you officially diagnosed with something? There is a Disorder that I was sorta recently diagnosed with. I think its still questionable to me and psychiatrist. if its STPD, or if u think if its a high depression thing…u should get some kind of IQ test to fully diagnose you. I think the Dr for it is “Nuero psychologist”? If u feel you really struggle with everyday stuff u should see a different type of Dr?.

1 Like

I think the reason I got diagnosed with paranoid SZ was entirely due to the fact that I rate my depression as a 2 when the scales say it’s an 8. I literally don’t feel depressed. I just feel ■■■■■■■ immobilized for no reason.

So, if you aren’t experiencing “proper” negatives, you may not get the dx.

1 Like

Yes he did diagnose me with severe depression but so far that has only been my cpn via some official questionnaire not yet a pdoc since I don’t see them that much. I was diagnosed psychotic in 2016 after a few months of hearing n being deluded but nothing new updated since then. I think in London at least they try to avoid giving that scz diagnosis as much as possible to avoid stigma as well but not sure really how they work it out here

As I came off meds last year I became more and more into doing things gradually. now that I’m back on meds I’m finding myself finding it harder and harder to do things again. It really seems connected to meds my ‘negative’ symptoms or whatever they are

Perhaps see about trying a different med that may not cause them as much? :frowning:

1 Like

I’m scared it will make things irreversibly worse… Like if I go back on abilify after then they may need me on a higher dosage that time too… I dunno I just get a feeling it will get worse if I do that… Maybe… Don’t want to risk that.

1 Like

I like that abilify is not anticholinergic… Its good thing… I may change it though yea if I really really need to

1 Like

Not sure where your located at but that’s kinda dumb that they will delay a diagnoses. Some people cant just wait…just do what u can for now.

1 Like

Thanks I just don’t know maybe they have changed the dx but I’ve not been made aware.
London.

Once you are psychotic longer than six months, you are diagnosed sz, unless you have mood symptoms along with the psychosis. In that event, you are either diagnosed bipolar or schizoaffective.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.