Abilify Maintena reviews?

Hey guys, your friendly neighborhood Zombie here.

I quit Invega 6 months ago. Started having some symptoms again, so the Invega has worn off. My pdoc gave me Abilify, but like many here, I’m not very good at remembering my pills.

So, I asked my pdoc for the Abilify shot. I get it tuesday. One friend gave me feedback on the shot, but I’m wondering who else here takes it.

I’m not looking for info on the pills, just the shot. I want to know what side effects you noticed and if it seems to help your negatives because negative symptoms are my major problem.

I really like abilify maintena.

You don’t have to think about taking a pill, it’s wonderful.

I had relief of my positive symptoms within a month,

And it gave me a lot of energy that I didn’t have before.

So far, I haven’t gained weight because of it,

Only my own poor decisions to blame there.

I really hope it works for you.

Also, @freakonaleash is also on Abilify Maintena and may have something to contribute,

But he’s probs asleep from work last night.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m excited to try it and hope it’s the one for me.

1 Like

@Mountainman is on it too.

1 Like

It worked really well for me for a while but likr your invega it wore off. Though to be fair i was back on the pills when it wore off. The only side effect i noticed at first was severe nausea, but youre on the pills already so that shouldnt be too bad if you get it.

1 Like

Thanks. I hope it doesn’t wear off.

1 Like

It has worked well for me for a long time, I don’t get many side effects other than sleepy, hard to say as I’m older so may be just me slowing down

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I get sleepy a lot, probably my age.

I’m on the abilify injection. Not many side effects. But I did have problems sleeping. I take 50mg qutiapine now to help that.

1 Like

I’ve been getting Abilify shots for years. The first couple times I got it, it made me sleepy the rest of the day, but since then there have been no noticeable side effects.

1 Like

I already have insomnia cycles. I’m not looking forward to the type of side effect.

1 Like

If you take it, I have hope to get to a type of normal. I see all you do.

1 Like

Thanks, @anon4362788, though I also take oral Haldol, among other meds. It takes a lot of medication to treat me. I get the 400 mg Abilify shot every three weeks.

H ou was the abilify treating you?

Oops how is the abilify treating you?

I’m on Aristada, but it’s working well.

Ive been on 300 mg shot every 4 weeks for years. Really helps with positive symptoms. But I have found that for me, although it is definitely not as sedating as other APs I’ve had, I still suffer with some negative symptoms. I feel more of a focused version of negative symptoms if that makes sense? A less foggy apathy? So I’m still able to muster up the motivation to read and write and play video games for hours and such. Hard to explain haha.

It has some pretty funny side effects. Most of which I didn’t really put much stock into before I tried it. But I experienced more impulsive spending (buying random crap). And really high libido.

It was the same for me but Abilify gave me addiction and hypersexuality issues so I stopped it :slightly_frowning_face:

Same but even worse, I lost over 100 000$ bcz of Abilify gambling, compulsive shopping and hypersexuality. I even did many illegal stuff while on it, I was impulsive, it made me stupid. Drugs, sex services, strip clubs etc