A war in my contry

Tonight, rockets were fired near my area, I live on the border to Lebanon and Syria. Surprisingly, I’m not nervous at all and not scared, Everyone is quite stressed, but I know that nothing will happen to me. Even if there is an alarm I will not go down to the shelter, to be afraid of it seems to me delusional

9 Likes

Hey ola u are a strong woman…!!!

3 Likes

I generally feel a similar way about tornadoes at night. I decided to cut off my NOAA Weather radio then when there’s a watch because the alarm was increasing my anxiety. If the sirens go off I sometimes go downstairs but I check the weather station to see where the tornado is first. Of course the weather is different from a war. I hope you and your family will be OK.

2 Likes

Hey! It’s natural to be afraid, even if it is delusional. Try to be safe, if war is getting closer maybe it’s better to go to another country while you can, it’s very hard being a refugee.

Anyway be strong @ola Keep sharing with us how you have been. War sucks!
By the way I love your art work hope you can keep doing it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

She is israeli…

Yes I am an Israeli and I quite hate our politics and the aggression of our country. I do not see news because it’s terribly annoying

2 Likes

Or strong or stupid, one of them, preferring indifference

1 Like

Haha cool … what are u upto…???

1 Like

Stay safe @ola id be scared if i was there.

1 Like

ola rockets are scary… I’m sorry… just have a plan for emergencies and be as safe as possible. humes are the meanest creatures…just don’t forget they can also be the sweetest…

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine what that would be like @ola. Take care of yourself!

1 Like

I hope you stay safe. Here is some war humor for you.

When I was in Iraq the locals used to launch rockets at us from a place where there was a crook in the river. This location was referred to as the ball sack. That’s what it looked like on a map. Where you launch rockets from is called the point of origin. The abbreviation is POO.

We would periodically get tasked to fly over that location to look for the enemy launching their rockets. We referred to this mission as sniffing for POO at the ball sack. Maybe kind of gross but I hope you find some humor in it.

Stay safe and keep your head low.

5 Likes

Well I guess I will see news from middle east in TV. I heard some news that said Palestinian people has no water, I don’t know much but I think both Israeli and Palestinian people are good and I can’t blame them for what their governments do

1 Like

Lebanon and syria are at war?

that is frightening to me !! I hope you stay safe.

you could be scared and people will say you’re paranoid or you could be brave and people will say you’re crazy. they’ve discredited us either way.

3 Likes

Ola you are very strong.
I will say :pray:t2: For you.

1 Like

You should be safe. Nobody is going to ■■■■ with Israel not even Iran. They know the USA and Israel will blow them to shreds.

What countries are at war?? I don’t understand… I can’t find anything in the news

1 Like

Syria israel plastine gaja…!!! Few other…!!!

2 Likes