How is the nuclear threat affecting you mentally? (poll)

Basically my first response was to get extremely manic and up my game, so I couldn’t sleep and I was unwell at first but then I had to try and get more pro-active and attended my Clubhouse a lot more like over a 6 week period i got the train in and was there from 9-4pm it was full on and i had fatigue to deal with as well,

I settled down a bit after 8weeks I was back to mostly half days,

Now i said today that i am taking my foot off the gas and I’m going to try and relax more, I like to focus on other things bc the reality of the end of the world is just too awful to contemplate, at the same time i feel awful about what’s happening over there :frowning: and i really hope that things settle down and the fighting stops :frowning:

I’m more relaxed now but some recent articles in the press just bring it back home and i get upset & unsettled, its not nice to think our country will be the first to be targeted, its basically like having a gun at your head in a way with someone with an itchy trigger finger.

so my response at the moment is to grow some nice things in my garden and take some pictures of wildlife, I think I care more about the world we live in as a result of it being under threat, i have always been a very eco-driven person but this just intensifies that

I am curious how this is affecting people?

• Badly Affected
  • Mildly Affected
  • Unaffected
  • Other Option

0 voters

1 Like

I put mildly affected. It really is not something I dwell on, but I am aware of it. I don’t think it’s going to happen, and even if it were, there is not much I can do about it. Senseless worrying over events outside my control is not my thing.

I would recommend that, if it bothers you a lot, you watch/read less news about it.

2 Likes

To be honest, practically unaffected. When the Ukraine situation started it seemed there was a good chance for a world war; with maybe nukes. After about a month and it didn’t happen I stopped worrying. And now I don’t even read news about it.

2 Likes

unaffected…doesn’t matter to me…

Went through this as a kid and survived it.

1 Like

i had a dream a few days ago that the country got hit by a nuke it was too realistic and comparable to the hiroshima movies they made us watch in school but experiencing it myself was kind of unsettling

dyou think i should invest in a bomb shelter? lead lined and packed with provisions?

I voted unaffected. I don’t think anyone is stupid enough to start a nuclear war.

I would add biological/chemical too.

I thought this was an interesting article looking at different types of bunkers

1 Like

I’m worried about losing access to meds because of war. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m slightly worried. But less about a nuclear war than other political developments (the rest of the war, increasing government control and censorship, rising prices, environmental issues not being addressed enough, etc). I worry mostly because of my kid. I think having a kid or not makes a huge difference in this.

4 Likes

I’m mildly worried. More than nuclear war I am worried about civil unrest. Riots have become far common in India since last 7-8 years. So has government control/censorship. Persecution of activists and journalists. High fuel prices and employment issues.

Not in the slightest. It goes nuclear it’s gone anyways for most of the civilised world. It’s just not going to be something you’ll recover from as a species with the warheads they’ve got.

I try to worry about the now! Not the future where it’s totally stuffed anyways because I’m gone anyways.

2 Likes

We’re going to get incinerated

In a nuclear war, there will be no help coming if you survive the initial strikes

2 Likes

Nobody wants to die if they can help it and its nice to have a positive future to look forwards to, imagine what the kids must think about all of this, living in a very scary, fearful time :frowning: climate change, War, Nukes, Covid, what next? i recken the sky will fall down :frowning:

But on a brighter not I am putting up a valiant response and I hope the ones that are struggling can get to feeling better soon, imagine being mentally ill in the Ukraine :frowning: poor guys, Yemen is bad too & some of Africa has Droughts, lots of bad things happening in the world.

2 Likes

There are always a lot of bad things happening in the world.

I’ll agree we’ve gotten probably more than our fair share lately,

But every few years people say it’s the end.

You can’t just live in constant fear and panic.

Stop reading the news if it triggers you.

Focus up on your hobbies.

3 Likes

There won’t be a nuclear war. Mutually assured self destruction almost guarantees that. It would be the end of life on earth and no one can possibly win a nuclear war. Every world leader that possesses nukes knows that.

2 Likes

we cant really escape the news tbh, i dont watch tv but i still come across the news here there and everywhere, idk if i want to just be completely oblivious to everything either, we should keep abreast of the news, i dont like it though, these are the scariest times i have ever known and i feel like i am doing a good job despite it. Got to stay strong.

1 Like

I voted mildly affected. Sometimes, at work, I think: What am I doing here? Why am I not living off savings and preparing for WW3?

The thing is, I don’t see much evidence that it is coming this year. I imagine it could even be 8 years out, even if some power higher than man doesn’t intervene. The movie “The Day the Earth Stood Still” comes to mind.

So, I’m trying to not panic yet.

3 Likes

Its not affecting me in any way. Humans learned to not use nukes from WW2. Even if its real and I get nuked I would be happy as I have a miserable life now with my severe negative symptoms lol I am sure there is no sz after death as I won’t be in my brain anymore :joy:

1 Like