A supplement that may have put my schizophrenia in remission

Amyloban 3399, a potent form of Lion’s Mane:

Rating: 9/10 (only -1 due to the price of $110 Canadian a month)

I had 3/10 voices when I began taking it, where the voices were mostly quiet if I was concentrating on music, videos, or reading something, but if I was in silence or next to white noise I would hear voices. After 3 full days of it my voice intensity was down to 0.3/10, where I can’t hear any voices even if I try. Only the occasional blip was heard, but I was also on 12 mg Paliperidone (the max dose.)

I’m now at 3 weeks, and I’ve been able to stop my Paliperidone completely due to the dramatic reduction in positive symptoms I’ve experienced (please don’t do this without a doc’s approval.) I’m still on Abilify 10 mg for thought broadcasting, but I might not even need that. Abilify doesn’t cause many side effects for me so I think I’ll stick with it.

I’m feeling quite good with the medication reduction, my brain doesn’t feel like it’s too fast and I don’t feel like I’m living in a computer simulation like what happened last time I tried to reduce it that much. My brain feels blissfully slow, and I have few intrusive thoughts now.

I’m going to switch to a more affordable brand of Lion’s Mane from elsewhere (I don’t want to shill and give out a website) once I run out, but I’m feeling like I’ll be normal or close to normal by then. I don’t think this has to be taken forever, since it actually heals the brain.

I would start with Amyloban 3399 though, since it has a known potency. Other brands have who-knows-what in them.

Lion’s Mane works by increasing Nerve Growth Factor in the brain, which may heal the damage that is causing schizophrenia symptoms.

There is a study showing that it works on refractory schizophrenics. Another study had a person go from a PANSS (positive and negative schizophrenia symptoms) score of 62 (moderately ill) to 30 (normal) in two weeks of taking it.

I wish it were cheaper, but if I had known 3 years ago that I could get out of hell in a month for $110, it would have been a no-brainer.

11 Likes

Interesting I might need help, because I feel the government is after me

Interesting.

Here’s the patented extract version

https://www.iherb.com/pr/mushroom-wisdom-amyloban-3399-180-veggie-tabs/44770

Here’s the plain vanilla version

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Mushroom-Wisdom-Super-Lion-s-Mane-120-Veggie-Tabs/4963

Side Effects & Safety

Hericium erinaceus is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth as a medicine, short-term. Hericium erinaceus has been used safely in people for up to 16 weeks. Side effects are mild and may include stomach discomfort.

Special Precautions & Warnings:

Pregnancy and breast-feeding : Not enough is known about the use of Hericium erinaceus in medicinal amounts during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid using.

Bleeding conditions : Hericium erinaceus might slow blood clotting. This might increase the chances of bruising and bleeding in people with bleeding conditions. However, there are no reports of this occurring in humans.

Diabetes : Hericium erinaceus might lower blood sugar. Watch for signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and monitor your blood sugar carefully if you have diabetes and use Hericium erinaceus.

Surgery : Hericium erinaceus might slow blood clotting. This might cause extra bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using Hericium erinaceus at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.

Looks like I can’t take it as it lowers blood sugar And I’m already taking metformin.

1 Like

interesting, friend. Can i ask how much you are exercising at the moment?

1 Like

Not exercising at all. I need multiple hours of bedrest due to a low CSF headache (I’ll get back on the recumbent bike in a day when an HDMI cable arrives.)

oh true hope you feel better

1 Like

Thanks! Hope you feel better too.

1 Like

I’m glad you are feeling better.

1 Like

Thanks for that info-filled post.

I was a little scared to post store links due to shill accusations but I guess it’s okay as long as there is no affiliate link.

1 Like

Will make a point of picking mine up tomorrow and reporting back.

3 Likes

@insidemind Glad you’re feeling better too.

@shutterbug, cool, sincerely hope it helps.

Can’t go any higher on APs without taking a cognitive hit, can’t dial it back at work, need a third option.

2 Likes

Are you going to try “Amyloban 3399” or generic Lion’s Mane ? The former is an extract of the latter.

The result of the first study I linked to is this:

“We treated 10 patients with schizophrenia in this study, randomly selected by each doctor, working at six different institutions. Patients ranged across age, duration of illness, sex, or psychotropic drugs used. All patients were refractory (treatment-resistant) to currently available antipsychotic agents, but improved without exception and with no adverse reactions. Average scores on the positive and negative syndrome scale (PANSS) improved significantly for all items, including positive, negative, and general psychopathology.”

This is what is waiting at the post office for me:

Would have picked it up last week except I keep ending up working through lunch to avoid falling behind.

2 Likes

Exciting ! I look forward to hearing how you get on !

3 Likes

Got my bottle o shiz from the post office over lunch. Here goes nuthin’…

:grin:

5 Likes

Great! It will require 2 pills 3x a day, just to be sure

Interesting has me considering trying it

I’m curious about it. Do you think it has put your sz in remission once and for all? Or do you need to keep taking it forever? It looks very expensive so it would be nice if it could just heal your brain then you could be done with it after. But I find it unlikely. I’ve seen a study online that said it helps with negative and cognitive symptoms but it doesn’t say anywhere that it helps with positive symptoms. But I buy the premise that perhaps it’s nerve regenerative properties could fix the sz brain.

1 Like