A supplement that may have put my schizophrenia in remission

this is ridiculous…I don’t like this thread and where it’s going…this supplement isn’t going to cure schizophrenia…schizophrenics need their meds… @shutterbug are you a sucker or what??? why isn’t everyone shouting this is wrong on this thread???

3 Likes

I’m with you @jukebox.
I don’t trust all of these supplements.
Most are placebos.

3 Likes

@jukebox have a little faith don’t hate on something you know nothing about.

@jukebox there are studies that show it works for refractory schizophrenia.

1 Like

Just to add I did find reviews on it on Amazon. People said it really helped their loved one with dementia or alzheimer’s

2 Likes

I hope the changes are lasting ones. I’ll know when I stop.

Wait a week at least, we’ll give you updates on how much it works.

There are supplements out there that help mitigate SZ symptoms and complement existing med regimes. Sarcosine is one and I swear by it. I’m not expecting to be cured, but if it helps with my positive symptoms – which I’m honestly struggling with – that would be a wonderful thing. If it doesn’t, I’m out a few bucks.

2 Likes

@naturallycured even your very profile name says naturally cured…I don’t like that one bit, it makes people think a schizophrenic doesn’t need meds…I am hot as a hornet or I’d say a lot more to probably get me banned… @shutterbug well I wish you luck…personally I hate this thread !!

3 Likes

So you’re all taking Lion Mane pills? What, they were all out of Baboon Penis extract at the pharmacy?

6 Likes

Supplements are bull. Take your aps

2 Likes

I think that people who praise supplements are delusional.

I guy called dr stammets (spelling?) did a great podcast on this mushroom on the joe rogan podcast

About Lion’s mane
Hericium erinaceus is an edible and medicinal mushroom belonging to the tooth fungus group. Native to North America, Europe and Asia it can be identified by its long spines, its appearance on hardwoods and its tendency to grow a single clump of dangling spines. Per Wikipedia

1 Like

Evergreen state college!!! That’s where I went in Washington for three months!!!

2 Likes

He is a fungi expert. Is a good podcast. He does mention psychaedelic medicine a bit so may be a trigger for some

1 Like

Why did the girl take a mushroom to the prom?

Because he was a fungi to be with!

3 Likes

They had like a fungi club

I’d constantly see kids in the forest picking mushrooms.

Yo I’d really wanna go back to that school I think I could mentally but just I wouldn’t be able to do other reasons. Mycology is interesting.

1 Like

Maybe you should just concentrate on quitting smoking for the 257th time?

I’ve run this past my cardiologist and was given the okay. I’ve run this past my psychiatrist and said she found this interesting and is looking forward to hearing back from me on how it works for me (she’s not worried about it messing with my current medications). I don’t need to run this past you. You’re not my doctor.

Further to this, @naturallycured has actually been one of those who encourages people to get on meds or to continue meds when they are floridly ill. You’d have noticed this if you judged him by his posting history rather than his username.

5 Likes