A story/book that you are waiting to get a movie adaptation

A story I would like to see get a movie is that of Frederic Bourdin.

They’ve made a documentary that’s super good,

Made a TV movie, but it sucked so, so bad.

It’s possibly one of the most interesting stories I’ve ever heard and I think his story would make an incredible movie.

A book I think would make a good movie is House of Leaves.

It’s not a great book, but while I was reading it,

I couldn’t help but think how amazing it would be on film.

The book itself is written in an odd way,

You could cut all that bull and have a decent movie any day.

What do you think?

What are you waiting to see in theaters?

2 Likes

I want a Prime TV series adaptation of DUNE. And I want the people behind The Expanse to do it. A movie isn’t long enough.

1 Like

This is a bizarro genre book, and I thought it was amazing. It would be difficult to transfer to a movie, but would be very cool if a director could pull it off!

Haunt: Bahr, Laura Lee: 9781936383894: Amazon.com: Books

2 Likes

Totally agreed.

Dune never seems to get it’s due.

1 Like

A full adaptation of “The Dark Tower” by Stephen King. Like a trilogy or better, an “octology”.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of that one!

I’ll have to check it out, sounds interesting.

1 Like

I thought they already did that?

Was it just one movie?

1 Like

I highly recommend it. It’s one of my faves. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the critics said it was pretty bad. I think it was a prequel or something. I didn´t watch it.

1 Like

War and Peace by Tolstoy,
the tower by Kafka etc

1 Like

I also want to see “Lullaby” by Chuck Palahniuk made into a film.

When I was reading it I imagined an aging Angelina Jolie in the lead and I’m not even a fan of hers.

1 Like

Been aaaaages since I’ve sat down and read a book, unfortunately.

Dennis Lehane wrote Mystic River, as well as Gone Baby Gone— and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s worked on television projects as well.

George Pelecanos writes some good and gritty crime fiction as well— I believe he worked as a writer for HBO’s The Wire (which surprisingly I haven’t watched yet, but probs will, now that I’m thinking about it :sweat_smile:).

One author I’ve always been curious about but hadn’t gotten into his written works due to illness is Chuck Palahnuik. I am almost positive he wrote Fight Club, but can’t be assed to do a Google search right now.

Philip K. Dick is another author that has had some blockbusters created from his works. I think Bladerunner, Minority Report, and A Scanner Darkly are all his.

Would loooove to see Orwell’s and Huxley’s works in modern-day screen adaptations.

Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 was kinda recently turned into a movie I think. Was alright, but the book is a bajillion times more impactful.

3 Likes

I can’t believe you haven’t seen The Wire!

Go watch that ■■■■!

It’s such an amazing show.

2 Likes

I want a proper Cirque Du Freak movie. I sort of enjoyed the one the came out with, but more as a guilty pleasure. They butchered the story from the books and the movie simply wasn’t a good adaption.

2 Likes

Haha! It has been decided: I’m gonna start it today!

…Only like a decade or so late to the party :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Albert Hoffman.

:neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face::melting_face:

I saw the one-movie adaptation and it SUCKED. Movies shouldn’t be allowed to be that bad.

Wow, you aced it with all those writers. Particularly Lahane and Pelecanos, always enjoyed both their work. You totally nailed it.

1 Like

Nice! It’s super rare for me to chat with folks that appreciate Lehane and Pelecanos also— not because those two writers aren’t awesome, but probs because I don’t get out much… But that’s another story for another day :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Apparently they made a movie out of Lehane’s “Live by Night”, but I 've never seen it. Now I’m going to have to hunt it down :grin:!

2 Likes