30 day October MFP/Exercise Challenge

Out of the 220’s today. Down 14 pounds. Working today and going to the gym. Making turkey stock with my carcasses. Soup for dinner.

1 Like

I stopped taking l-theanine in the evenings and got the munchies as a result. I’ve restarted it now, so maybe it was keeping hunger pangs at bay.

I’m not putting on weight, but I’m not able to stick to 2000 calories yet.

1 Like

I went to yoga yesterday and then walked 5.2 miles with some jogging. I may have overdone it a bit but was feeling good for once. Hitting my calorie goal and limiting the drinking.

2 Likes

Day 14/14 walked 5 miles 3 days in a row. So sore today, my whole body aches, especially my right knee, abdomen, and neck. Hitting my calorie goal and limiting the drinking. Not sure how I’m going to exercise today, maybe not up for 5 mile walk. Yoga is at 5pm but its an intermediate class… I could go and modify the poses to my ability… got to do something…

1 Like

Not hitting my calorie goal. I’ve put on 1kg. I have to see my dietician soon. This is the first time I’ll weigh more than my last visit.

I get very late night munchies, like an hour before I go to sleep which derails everything. I have to try to find a way of factoring this into my daily allowance.

I was doing so well up until now. Bah humbug.

I found that when I get the munchies if I just drink a glass or 2 of water or flavored seltzer the munchies pass. Flavored seltzer was a game changer for my diet.

1 Like

Do you guys use a food scale?

I’ve been eyeballing the measurements and using cups, tsp, tbsps, etc. The MFP community says you’ll have better results with a food scale. But it it seems like even more of a hassle when all you want to do is just sit down and eat dinner.

I use a food scale to figure out the amount of stuff I’m using the first time I use something, then assume it’s the same from there on. If that makes sense.

1 Like

Day 19: Walked 22 minutes yesterday for exercise but over 3 miles all total yesterday. Also did 35 minutes of pilates. Near close to my calorie goals everyday. Only had one beer with dinner the last two nights, feeling better cutting back, although I was so anxious yesterday I just wanted more. Bought a food scale have yet to try it. Haven’t gained any weight, so its a win!

1 Like

Late night munchies were derailing my diet. So last night I saved up my last 400 calories for 9pm. And that seems to have worked. I stuck to my daily allowance. Hopefully I’m back on track.

I’m trying to eat breakfast. I was only eating 2 meals a day plus snacks. Its hard I’m not hungry in the morning.

I did a 10 mile bike ride yesterday, ate special K cereal and a big salad!

2 Likes

I’ve fallen off the wagon for the last week or so but tomorrow I am off work so hopefully back at it.

1 Like

I’m finding it hard to stay motivated for walking on the treadmill as the week draws to a close. I’m more tired by the end of the week. I have to build up my motivation somehow because I’m not working (and therefore not walking to work) this Friday.

I’m mostly staying under my calorie limit. There was one day on the weekend we went out for lunch and I had a veggie burger, fries and gravy and a lemonade. It was a beautiful burger, all the food was really good and totally worth going over my calorie limit for.

It doesn’t happen often, we don’t really eat out much and I’m strict with my eating at home. I think it’s ok to go over the calorie limit once in a while if it means I’m getting out and having a nice outing. I guess I could call it a cheat day.

I’ve been on my diet for three or four weeks and I’ve lost 2.4kg which I think is good. I’m eating bread and potatoes and rice and I always thought that to lose weight you have to give them up. So I am surprised I am losing weight even though I eat bread every lunch.

2 Likes

Good news.
I’ve been in diet since 09/24 and I’ve lost 4.1kg (around 9lbs). Today is my cheat day but I ate a lot of healthy. Maybe I’ll eat some junk food at night.

MyFitnessPal helps a lot :smile:

3 Likes

Even though I stuck to my calorie limit this week for all bar one day, and exercised everyday, I managed to gain 3.8kg!

Smilies aren’t working for me at the moment but if they were, mine would be crying.

I don’t know what happened. How does one gain that much weight in a week?

I weighed myself at the same time I usually do, I hadn’t had anything to eat or drink before weighing myself.

Sigh, I don’t know what to do. Any advice?

How are you tracking your calories? Do you have an app?

Yes I use myfitnesspal.

Maybe your scales aren’t accurate. 4kg in a week is a lot if you’ve been meeting your calorie target and also exercising.

Unless you’ve been getting the exercise calories wrong and eating them back. E.g. You only burn 50 calories, think you’ve burned 300, so then eat 300 calories.

Still, 4kg is a huge amount in a week. I suspect your bathroom scales might be wonky!!

Those are the only things I can think of. Just as a matter of interest, check your BMR here:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Your target calories should be less than or equal to that.

1 Like

Assuming my scales have gone haywire, and using my weight from when I weighed in last week: “You have a BMR of 1393.4”

My target for weight loss is 1200 calories a day. I input my exercise through mapmyfitness which links directly with mfp.

I’m always under my calorie limit for a day. I haven’t changed my eating habits nor what I’m eating, still on the same diet.

I’m perplexed as to how a person can gain 3.8kg in a week!

Argh! That means I weigh more than when I started my diet.

I’ll try weighing myself again on Monday and see what happens. I’m going to stick to my diet still. I really enjoy the food and I feel healthier for eating it.

You know what really stinks? I used to be bulimic. And, as stupid as it sounds, I think resorting back to bulimia is the only way I can lose weight.