30 day October MFP/Exercise Challenge

Since we did a Challenge last month, I say we try again this month.

http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/30-day-mfp-challenge/57172

I wasn’t successful in my goals last month. My goals this month are to: meet or stay under my calorie goal, exercise 30 minutes every day, try to hit those 10,000 steps per day, and limit or abstain from drinking alcohol.

5 Likes

Let’s do it! I’m ready to restart this :grin:

3 Likes

Although I just realized there are 31 days in October! It should be 31 Day October Challenge instead.

1 Like

I’m in. Already got 5000 steps walking the dog with a little jogging. Eggs and avocado for breakfast. Veggie soup for lunch and bison burger and veg for dinner. Have to work tonight so I will get my steps in too. Good luck.

1 Like

Those top two quotes are from @shutterbug about the buddies/budettes and worrying about weight. His name just didn’t link when I posted the thread.

Can I, uh, start this tomorrow? (Eats another loaded nacho and sips from orange slushie.)

1 Like

I’ve started using MFP recently. I really like it. So I’m in on the challenge!

One thing about MFP I don’t like is that it won’t log my days calories if it thinks I’m too far under my calorie goal for the day. My calorie goal is 1200 per day and say I come in with 200 to spare, it just gives me a lecture rather than saving the day. I’m usually ready for bed at that point and don’t really feel like eating more. I eat constantly throughout the day, healthy foods, but sometimes I’m under my goal.

First world problem.

2 Likes

Can I join the challenge, even though I use a different app? I tried MFP but it makes my phone heat up. :confused: I think it’s because it’s continually running in the background serving advertisements.

I have a calorie target of 2000/day which I track using another blackberry app.

2 Likes

2/2
Walked my route took me ten minutes longer today because I didn’t do any jogging. Legs are sore from yesterdsy. Having eggs, avocado and turkey links. Probably soup and salad before work. As stressful as it is to work nights I have gotten more done before work than usual but then I slerp in till 9:30instead of 6.

1 Like

441 calories left for today. I’ll just binge before I go to bed. So far so good. Today and yesterday anyway.

4 Likes

I walked 2 and a bit km to work and burned 118 calories so my daily limit today is increased to 1318 calories. I’ll probably drink it in coffees being a work day!

All a case of eat less and move more. As we get older we move less so pile on the kilos. Med munchies are hard to combat but if you just eat to feel like you have eaten and not go hungry it works. Food is just fuel not entertainment. Taken me ages to get there but is possible to loss weight on the meds.

1 Like

3/3
Went for a walk to get in my 10,000 steps but I walked an hour and got 6,500. guess it will have to do. So far just a spinach and strawberry almond milk. Going out for dinner. Try to make good decisions.

2 Likes

I’ll be 90 calories over my target today if my estimates are correct… if it’s just a blip, then it’s OK.

2 Likes

I started using MFP seriously on last Tuesday and I lost 4 pounds. I also started to exercise a lot.

2 Likes

6500 steps today. Not the best food choices. 1/2 roast beef sandwich, pasta at lunch and a sub salad for dinner and wine.

1 Like

Just went 41 calories over my target of 2000. Happy with that as I didn’t really feel hungry.

4/4 I’ve been meeting my calorie goals and limiting my alcohol intake (hence the meeting of the calorie goal, duh faceslap!) I’ve been moving around more but getting nowhere close to 10000 steps a day. I think I’m at 2000 today but it feels like I did so much! I got out of the house, did errands, went to my pdoc appt., talked with some guy in the grocery store in line at the deli counter. Progress for me.

2 Likes