30 day MFP challenge

I’m needing to get back on track with diet and exercise. Starting a 30-day challenge at MyFitnessPal.com. The goal is to track food, stay under calorie limits, and do some physical activity every day for 30 days. I could use some buddies/budettes to help out with motivation.

If you are doing the challenge, post here that you are, and every day that you hit your goals, post on this topic. You are free to set your own goals – I’ve just listed my own. I’m not worrying about weight because it comes down when I do what I’m supposed to. I’m more concerned about re-establishing healthy habits that I have let go of.

Anyone wanting to friend me on MFP can PM me to get my username there.

12 Likes

good luck My Canadian friend…you can do it…

Only if I stay out of the popcorn. Leaving eating it to you. :wink:

1 Like

Popcorn is actually a pretty low calorie snack, if you don’t add butter.

2 Likes

I do believe you’ve identified the crux of the issue.

1 Like

I’m putting down the popcorn(pringles in this case) and joining the struggle :smile_cat:

However…I start tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ll join your challenge. I’d like to stay under my calorie goal, get 30 minutes of exercise every day, and try to get close to that elusive 10,000 step a day goal. I’d also like some MFP friends so pm me so we can exchange usernames.

1 Like

hear hear pixel

r : )

I don’t think I will be using MFP but plan on picking up exercise as well. I plan on picking up exercise and doing so daily as soon as I wake up. Just a small lap of 20 mins jogging. It’s not much but I figured if I do it daily it will make quite a difference. Don’t like using apps for that since I got nowhere to leave my Phone when running, as well as it being full anyway ( I got the shittiest old Huawei phone - probably the very minimum that can be called a smartphone.)

As for diet: there is one main problem that I could cut but I am not sure if I am going to. I cook from scratch about 6 days a week, no snacks during the day, no sodas, only thing is that I do drink beer typically one day in the weekend which adds some calories. That’s with friends and I like it. Seems to me my real nemesis is the bag of crisps I regularly run into… he’s no match for me but that’s the problem.

The plan is to make the run a daily routine and then see how that pays off in a month or so. I can keep you posted here if it helps to motivate you (I bet it will add some sort of social pressure to myself too - should help with keeping it up). It would be kinda boring I guess cause the report will be a daily yes or no basically…

3 Likes

Walked for a good hour and ate fairly well today. One down…

1 Like

1/30 = Hit goals.

Kept under calorie targets and was active all day at work. Fitbit says I burned nearly 1000 calories.

1 Like

Wow nice! I think I stayed under my calories but not sure if I put everything in right.

I have a physical tomorrow ugh wish me luck.

2/30 = Hit goals. Burned around 1000 calories.

2 Likes

Took another walk and tried my best to have calories to spare

1 Like

Worked out and will stay under calorie goal. Woohoo… 3 down

3 Likes

3/30 = success
4/30 = success

2 Likes

Worked out at the gym today!

Day 4 down

2 Likes

Day 5 down!

5/30 = success
6/30 = cheat day

Haven’t gone too crazy, but am having a day where I eat things I like so I don’t go crazy on other days.

I don’t know anything about MFP but I’d hate to think where I’d be without the gym I go to regularly. Anyway, keep up the good work.

2 Likes