Who was the first person ever to have psychosis

who was the first person ever to have psychosis

pasted on down through generation

us psychosis people just might be related

Jesus Christ 15 char

6 Likes

That’s what I thought too. Or the guys that wrote about him.

1 Like

Everyone, according to some theories -

3 Likes

“Written documents that identify Schizophrenia can be traced to the old Pharaonic Egypt, as far back as the second millennium before Christ. Depression, dementia, as well as thought disturbances that are typical in schizophrenia are described in detail in the Book of Hearts. The Heart and the mind seem to have been synonymous in ancient Egypt. The physical illnesses were regarded as symptoms of the heart and the uterus and originating from the blood vessels or from purulence, fecal matter, a poison or demons.”

Source:

4 Likes

lets say the first ever person to have psychosis, and we got his gene are we related?

like who was the first black person…?

Evolution probably some caveman. The witches they burned at the stake during Salem probably had psychosis too

2 Likes

No that’s like saying , who was the first human

If A=6, B=12, C=18, D=24,…Z=156, then…

SCHIZOPHRENIA = 906, and JESUS CHRIST = 906, and HOLY SPIRIT = 906, and THE HOLY FATHER = 906.

Hmmmm ???

2 Likes

The question is who will be the last one? When will this bitchy disease disapear from the surface of the Earth. :interrobang:

2 Likes

well if you are like me then you will say that anyone is capable of contracting this disease whether from the environment or not, i would say there is a lot more going on here than what you think.

1 Like

Those of you who are proponents of the theory of schizophrenia being primarily a genetically caused brain disorder - Could you have a go at explaining the schizophrenia paradox -

Evolutionary psychiatrists invariably consider schizophrenia to be a paradox: how come natural selection has not yet eliminated the infamous ‘genes for schizophrenia’ if the disorder simply crushes the reproductive success of its carriers, if it has been around for thousands of years already, and if it has a uniform prevalence throughout the world?

As far as i know this question hasn’t been adequately answered.

[quote]If a nation murdered and sterilized an estimated 73% to 100% of its diagnosed schizophrenics, yet a generation later that nation had a higher rate of incidence of new cases of schizophrenia than did surrounding nations, shouldn’t we have questions about the claim by the mental health establishment that schizophrenia is highly heritable?

Moreover, since people diagnosed with schizophrenia and other so-called “seriously disabling mental disorders” such as bipolar and major depression have markedly lower reproductive rates compared with the general population but the prevalence of these disorders throughout the industrialized world has increased, shouldn’t we also be asking questions about heritability?

When we begin to question, we discover that (1) scientifically flawed research has been used to promote ideas around mental illness and its heritability, and (2) instead of focusing on nature vs. nurture causes of mental illness, it’s time to consider whether certain phenomena are really symptoms of pathology or instead are inextricable aspects of our humanity.[/quote]

Also explained here (by an atheist) -

A lesser issue than you may think , a selection pressure would only arise if a person could not pass on their genetic material. Limits on underage sex , just happened when set against our evolutionary history.

Also you forget that there are a massive amount of people that are procreating , even though they maybe effected by mental disturbances. These people tend to call such events ‘stress’ , its a catch all…

Am Not convinced…

If you want to talk evolution , well , that’s the way it works. :slight_smile: don’t know how you are not convinced …

In relation to the information i presented, & the ‘explanation’ you put forward, seems like nonsense.

How what works? What are you on about?

No evolution only requires the transmission of genes , schiz and mi genes have being spread far and wide , without any pressure being applied by natural selection. Believe it or not…

Apotheosis - Check this out: 20,000 gene segments might be responsible for schizophrenia. Those segments could be helpful in many ways - so would be unlikely to be “selected” out via natural selection.

i’ll go with what the actual science/research points to thanks.