Struggling to get up and stay out of bed

I have been exhausted constantly for months, my sleep is awful, sleep walking and talking, vivid dreams which exacerbate my mental health. I am going through physical difficulties which I mentioned in another thread.

I am supressing my need to discuss my mental health which is pretty hellish as I want to talk about my physical health without fear of not being believed or shifted to the side lines. Im in the last stretch of my degree so I’m trying with all my might to get the last essays in, but right now, I am finding it takes all my willpower to get out of bed, I just want to sleep and when I am out of bed i’m in near constant agitation and just want to go back to bed and sleep, I don’t want to be awake, i just want to sleep and a lot of the time I’m having a nap in the middle of the day to control this urge. When I am getting that need at other times and I am needing to write that essay, read this, go do this, it leaves me cripples because I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. I self harm to kick me out of it.

I’m posting now because it I am beginning to really feel angry at myself and it just makes me feel worse, I haven’t been like this in quite sometime and it just makes me feel like I am losing will. I feel so irritated.

I just don’t know how to relieve some of this pressure, do you guys have any advice on defeating negative symptoms like this? I was on glycine for years but stopped it months back due to medical advice so I’m looking for behavioural tips, If there is anything that has helped? I’m up for trying anything!

Thank you in advance, I hope your day has let you cope as best as is possible.

An antipsychotic that’s supposed to help with negative symptoms is abilify.

You could try setting a rigid schedule. And just forcing it.
Easier said than done yes I know

3 Likes

I’m trying to stick to a routine as hard as I can, hopefully with perseverence this will work, just a matter of being brutal with myself I suppose.

Unfortunately I am on abilify for a hormonal imbalance but it’s since I’ve been on it I’m struggling with it the most. I’m hoping to come off it when I see my psychiatrist in a few weeks as I think it could be the problem.

I just don’t know what is going on with me, I haven’t suffered with these sort of symptoms for quite some time and it’s baffling me as to how to conquer it.

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon Dante. Negative symptoms suck! I know how it feels. I’ve been there too. Fortunately my meds (amisulpride and olanzapine) have helped me come out of it a bit but I still struggle to get up in the mornings. Most days I only get up and make breakfast at 10am.

Wellbutrin helps. So does Latuda. Good luck!:four_leaf_clover:

Maybe a med change would help. Talk to your pdoc about it.

sounds like severe depression. Is there something you’re really sad about? depression stems from being angry. are you mad about anything?

Thank you @Hadeda, @TomCat, and @crimby! I am having a hard time with things and I think this is just I am dealing with quite significant physical symptoms and i am dealing with a lot of decisions which I don’t feel qualified to make and I am having to maintain a face of normal mentality to look like I am competent to make those decisions, when I am crumbling. I feel it’s taking its toll and I just need to shut down for a little while. But I don’t have that option which is making me feel desperate.

My doc is looking at putting me on clozaril and it scares me but I can’t carry on like this, I had some functioning last year, so to be back here, I feel lost to myself.

I’m sorry if I’m going on too much, I have no outlet right now, so I really appreciate you guys and I hope your days have been reasonable?

1 Like