Can’t get out of bed

I woke up today feeling really nervous. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach. It’s so debilitating that I am just laying in bed and refusing to get up. Anyone have days like this?

5 Likes

For the last few weeks, I’ve been taking naps because of the same thing.

I’m ok now though. I hope this passes for you.

2 Likes

I had a two year stretch like that. I lost two years basically.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been pretty much bed ridden since I got out of the hospital last time. I felt good being surrounded by people who were also struggling. Now that I’m around my normal, functioning parents I can’t seem to get motivated to do anything.

1 Like

I have been staying in bed a lot since being on Risperdal. I don’t feel anything though, maybe I got used to it. I want to try Vraylar, maybe it will help.

Literally all I do is lay down most of the day. Sometimes I do the breakfast dishes. It makes for a long life.

Thats what I have been doing since over a year ago, I just get out of bed to eat and to go to the bathroom.

1 Like

Is this anxiety? Sometimes I have It too

1 Like

For me its not, I just don’t have energy and feel tired and no motivation for anything.

1 Like

Yeah. I feel similar. Every one of my hobbies seem pointless and dull. So I just lay in bed

1 Like

It’s partially anxiety. But the feeling is more like depression. I just don’t feel like doing anything

1 Like

I feel you for sure :slight_smile: guess we gotta keep marching on and looking for mental health solutions lol wishing you a good day

Yeah. I came outside but it’s grey and miserable. But the fresh air feels nice. When in doubt I get fresh air.

1 Like

I’ve been stuck in bed with impending doom before. But laying there didn’t help. My counselor always said if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.

Even though I know what he says is true, I totally get being paralyzed with fear. I’m not in bed all day but I am sitting down A LOT. It’s not helping either. Well this forum and watching tv do help relieve anxiety but they don’t help me get out and about. They don’t help me keep focus enough to work. I’m hoping through therapy I change all that

I haven’t had much luck with therapy. The negative symptoms are what get me. Not matter what I do I always feel bored and whatever I’m doing isn’t interesting. I was painting a lot but that kind of came to a stand still

1 Like

Well, I hope you feel better soon

Thanks. It’s grey and chilly here so I don’t think that is helping. Some days are just worse than others

1 Like

Do you get mania ever? If not, have you considered a sun lamp?

1 Like

I stay in bed because alot of things trigger my anxiety! Like today I had to get my new shoes from the post box and all I could feel was anxiety because I had to be around people.

1 Like

No mania. Just a steady flat feeling of nothingness

1 Like