Lend me some hope?

AA does not have a 30% success rate. AA’s success rate is lower than the rate of spontaneous remission in the general population at about 1% per year. 95% of people who go to AA leave and never come back within the first year. 30% of them die from alcohol poisoning or suicide within eight years. When a treatment is tested scientifically we count all the patients in both the study group and the control group and compare them. When we do this we see that AA simply does not work at all.

Sorry you were so traumatized.
I was tramatized by pdocs early on and they told me lies and tortured me and said I would never graduate from college.
Well I proved they all were liars.
Then after near 20 blood sucking vampire doc, I finally met a good one that finally figured out the right med.
Maybe that’s why I’m fixated on that hope thing.

There is always hope friend. It’s just that organizations always have some evil in them because they seek to perpetuate themselves, and sometimes they will go to great lengths to do so - however unethical.

Well I heard differently ;). Would like to see where you get your source from most the people I met in aa, 20 days or 20 years sober were spiritually bankrupt and they would always remain that way. But Aa will assist them in adding to their spirituality. Like this one guy who happened to be my neighbor (I later found out) was a BAD BAD person when he was drinking. Not saying he became perfect but to me, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said “I like that guy”. sz delusions have compelled me to spirituality. So I always felt I had less to work on. Bill w suggested LSD because it brings you closer to God and helps with the imaginary device, the ego ;). Before I ever did LSD I was drinking daily. And then when I started doing LSD I QUIT alcohol. Lost my compulsion. But with more LSD came more and more LSD and a return to drinking. Doubt it’d help me anymore. Na I KNOW it wouldn’t.

Yea I’m paranoid about the government. So don’t get me started on that.
Yes organizations can be evil true, but hopefully good humans can fix them.
I pray for the USA because it’s not looking good.

Man, I had to laugh. Bill Wilson had narcissistic personality disorder with a Messiah complex. His writings are idiotic. I used to read them because I was told that I had to, but I never could figure them out. Now I know that no one can figure them out because they make no f*cking sense whatsoever. LSD is not a cure for alcoholism, but it actually works better than AA does. That’s the funny part. Ha ha!

1 Like

Here’s a link to the Orange Papers where Orange (Code name) cites at least five published scientific studies about AA including the one done by Professor (and Doctor) George E. Vaillant of Harvard University, who was also a member of AA’s Board of Trustees for the AA GSO in New York. He also found that AA is useless - much to his dismay and backpedaling.

Orange also gives the complete history of AA all the way back to 1908 with the founding of The First Century Christian Fellowship by Frank Buckman, one time Lutheran minister, pedophile, and Hitler enthusiast. Bill Wilson was a member of his cult - by then called The Oxford Group - named after a sign on a piece of luggage at a railway station. There was no AA in 1935 like AA claims, there was only a splinter group of the Oxford Group called The Alcoholics Squadron of The Oxford Group which was lead by Bill Wilson, in competition with Frank Buckman. No one competes with the leader of any cult, so this lead to the expulsion of Bill Wilson and his alcoholic buddies from the larger cult. But Bill was so enamored with Frank’s ways, he just copied them, gave them a fresh coat of paint and called it AA. Read all about it. It’s all properly documented material I assure you, and you can cross reference it too. Go on now, do your homework like I have.

https://www.orange-papers.org/menu1.html

I would stop thinking in terms of hope/hopeless because both are rather blind. Instead, plan your day with concrete stuff to do when you go to bed at night. I mean do-able stuff like brush your teeth, take out the trash, etc. Simple but necessary stuff. Make a list and you will look at it at the end of the day and feel a sense of accomplishment. Sometimes I go to bed so happy because it’s hard for me to believe I actually did it. And, like I said the complexity of the activity has nothing to do with it. So forget trying to impress your mind with that. Just simple becomes amazingly impressive.

I do good since about 14 years…work, wife, child, the whole catastrophy. lol. I blame the meds. The only issue right now, I am getting older and my wife is ten years younger than I am and wants another child. Its getting harder to keep up with her and my son who both want me to be active and energetic. I have had and continue to have a good life despite my diagnosis and two big episodes in the past. I tell you to never give up fighting and to open yourself to what are trustworthy people for support. Dont isolate and feel sorry for yourself, go out keep trying yourself out in things and keep meeting people. Another thing that helps me is my faith. I have it harder than many people, but my faith tells me God loves me and doesnt let me down.

Lexicon(Ryan) I’m glad that you are gay!
I’m also gay!

2 Likes