Lend me some hope?

I didn’t realize I was having delusions ect. For at least a couple years after treatment. Thought it was all real, would have been glad to realize at some points my terrifying world was not real. Fought taking meds thought they made me feel bad but it takes time to adjust. Long story short, no symptoms, good job, nice house, great family . thank God for meds. I live a normal life, it is possible. Don’t care for social events much

With the right meds and therapy, also your ability to wake up.

You’ll always be your biggest critic but others seem to do well you probably are too or will

Ability to “wake up”…? Can you explain to me what that means exactly? That could be some severely triggering garbage to someone in the wrong context. Someone like me, for example.

I’ll recover, no doubt about it. The hope from this thread has found me well. (:

Measures of therapy to bring you to a realization that symptoms and reasoning come from imagination.

1 Like

I was really bummed for a few years at work because of my son’s issues and a coworker gave me a bonsai plant that had a stone with the word hope on it. it was so nice of her

but well hope eventually died due to lack of sun in the winter. I couldn’t help think that I’m so stupid I even killed HOPE.

But I eventually learned to turn to God and I gave my worries to Him.
And being that he’s in charge of the universe and stuff, I just let him do his job.
And my son went from prison as a drunk to HVAC tech with full time great job.

So God worked for me, I think he can eventually help anyone that asks.

Yea when I was 18 and even tried to kill myself not knowing what I was doing, he eventually told me,
I have other plans for you!

2 Likes

There is the possibility a Supreme Being - I cannot guarantee the existence of such a Being nor tell you anything about what constitutes a Being such as this. But I’m inclined to believe that the universe makes perfect sense, because otherwise it makes no sense at all, and that proposition is illogical. Human strengths like hope are magnificent, and their source ought not be ignored. They must come from somewhere. I find hope in prayer my friend, even though I am completely agnostic concerning supernatural things. My experience tells me that their is a fountain of strength that flows from the practice of prayer - not that it should ever circumvent the faculty of reason. I do not understand why or how this strength comes about within me, but it always does when I pray, and I usually pray to Jesus Christ. I don’t consider myself to be a Christian - more of a Buddhist actually. But Jesus is a very dominant figure in my prayer life, and I seek to emulate him in life. Maybe that makes me crazy. And I don’t care either because I know he was good.

4 Likes

I’ve been mostly symptom-free for a few days, and I’ve started channeling my delusions into healthy creativity and writing a trilogy of novels/films. So, awesome advice (:

2 Likes

Same here, prayer is becoming more and more important to me. I had a terrible nightmare the other day, I mean horrific, and prayer helped me move past it and still have an awesome day. I’m an Agnostic-Christian of sorts, but I pray in His name as well.

In my opinion, viewing Christ as a role model (or at least turning to Him for comfort) is the opposite of crazy.

1 Like

Lots of hope. Since your new to it all see if this cuts down on time picking it all up

I used to go to AA meetings to figure it out to help my son.

They always just talk of a higher power. You call it what you want. You don’t have to call it God or Jesus or Buddah.

But I know AA works. I even read there was a such thing as schizophrenia anonymous.
It’s got 12 steps just like AA.

But there is always hope. And no matter what anyone says to you. You have that power of hope.
To make things better. Even though it may be bleak at times, well when you hit bottom, it’s only up from there.
Peace and love to all. And a hope for world peace.

AA people don’t care about world peace, or much of anything else for that matter. I know, I had 34 years experience in that organization and I don’t go there anymore because I know it’s B.S. and doesn’t work at all.

I sorry it didn’t work for you.
It’s only as good as your home group and your sponcer and there can be bad ones.

Sorry I don’t mean to be rude but it took you 34 years to realize Aa doesn’t work?

Blame the victim is always the excuse for a bad treatment like AA. It wasn’t just my group. AA as a whole is a destructive organization and is guilty of fraud on a gigantic scale. There’s a huge alcohol and drug problem and AA has zero effect on it. AA is a religion that some people adhere to. I’m simply not interested in bad religion.

Aa is as close to a cult as what I’ve experienced. I believe it can help. It doesn’t work for me though because I get sick of beingaround people and prefer to isolate. Naltrexone is the best treatment for me. Not a cure though there is no cure. Won’t be one for a long time. But naltrexone is very very helpful.

I was shock-indoctrinated in a fake hospital in 1982 when I was only 16 where I was forced to learn all the double talk and loaded language of AA, and contracted the Stockholm Syndrome. Yea, it took 34 years to shake the brainwashing effects of that indoctrination. I did a ten year private investigation of AA, it’s history, and it’s real effects. And now I want no part of it.

1 Like

Bill Wilson may have written the big book high on LSD. Or so the rumors go. He suggested alcoholics take LSD to counter symptoms of alcoholism. No one listens to that though. Considering LSD was my favorite drug I ever took, I suppose it’d be VERY counterproductive. To me.

AA has a 30% death rate, and it’s success rate is in the negative numbers. “Helpful” is relative to the health of the patients, and not the reputation of an organization. When put to the test, AA fails utterly.

Well 100% death rate cuz everyone dies in the end :slight_smile:

30% success rate but I think that’s a relatively high percentage all things considered…