I've lost 40 Kilos On Clozapine (nearly!)

Hi everyone,

Thought I would give some other clozapine users some hope. I am taking 650mg nightly.

I went up to 110kg, then decided I couldn’t live like that anymore. I went on an Optifast diet and several months later I am down to 73kg. I continue to lose weight, and will continue to do so until I completely lose my belly!

There is hope!

13 Likes

That’s astounding. Well done.

1 Like

Excellent, keep up the good work!

keep up the good work.

does the clonzapine help you lose weight or is it just because you are off of the other medication that made you eat too much.
My doctor just prescribed it to me but as needed incase I want to sleep the day off or something. That’s why i;m asking.

My buspar led me to eat over 2000 calories yesterdasy, maybe even 2500 or more so I’m probably not oging to take that any more. Most people have never complained that buspar makes them have a ravenous appetite, but for me it really really does. I binge bad when I take it.

Hi SHOJOSTAR12,

Clozapine is notorious for weight gain I’m afraid. But it doesn’t have to be that way!

Ya hope for the rest of us

thats amazing im 110 myself and used to be around 70 before starting AP, i hope you manage to keep it off.

Hi there figtkfd, congrats on the weight loss. How r u doing the diet 2 or 3 optifast a day with 500 cal meal?

Thanks

Hippo

Oh so cool!! let us know how it works!

Hi. I’m doing 2 shakes a day (morning and lunch) and a small meal at night.

You should try the apple cider vinegar detox drink and something that also works find out your metabolism type and if you exercise at home or in the gym you can lose more weight and try like the weight loss supplement

My son has lost weight on clozapine and seems to be able to maintain it. He is still only a partial responder even on the max dose so we are planning on augmenting with ziprasidone. The antipsychotic which caused him to eat ravenously years ago was olanzapine.

I was on 107kg myself on clozapine. Now I’m down to 100kg. Lost 7 kg so far