I might have Schizophrenia!

My opinion is if you don’t have visual and/or auditory hallucinations and not a serious cognitive deficit you’re ok. So what do you have? Are you functional?

I don’t know if someone’s already mentioned this, but it’s so important for you to eat, even if you have to force yourself, as not eating and lack of sleep will both have a detrimental effect on your mental health without you even realising!

4 Likes

I have that problem I repeat the same exact thing with friends and girlfriends it’s as if I see the same person that hurt me in different people it sucks I had a girlfriend that cheated and now I basically treat every woman like a cheater and I can’t let it go almost like OCD I’m over her just not the situation it self

I try to force myself I really truly do but I can’t seem to manage more than a few bites every so often. In the past week all I’ve eaten were a few raisins, a piece of toast, & a handful of dry cereal. & I desperately wish I could sleep. I turn off my phone & all the lights & lay down in the dark around 10 or 11 o’clock every night & just lay there until I eventually fall asleep but I still always wake up a million times & wake up too early no matter what I do

:thinking: umm or maybe being sz is making her psychotic why would anyone intentionally want this curse ??

Hypochondriac 1515151

No I am not functional , far from it. I don’t know what is wrong with me

Ok not functional is symptom 1 were you functional before?

That’s insensitive how do you know what someone else is going through I personally developed sz from weed so and can relate to a lot over her symptoms.

1 Like

I’m honestly not trying to be insensitive, I never accused her of that I was just answering your question. I’m trying my best to see if she is sZ

Yes I was very functional before. I AM NOT NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN A HYPOCHONDRIAC. Something very real & terrifying is going on with me & whether that something is schizophrenia or not, I don’t know. But whatever it is is affecting me tremendously & I’m not just worrying for absolutely no reason

1 Like

Ok do you have hallucinations, delusions, or paranoia?

Best thing to do is get yourself an appointment with a pdoc as soon as possible, for all you know you could have set off drug induced psychosis, but it’s not for me to say, just think it’s important for you to lay all your issues on the table with a professional and not speculate too much into it! X

I have some paranoia & some non bizarre delusions. I’m not quite sure about the hallucinations but I have what I believe are intrusive thoughts that I’ve tried to describe to the best of my ability in previous posts in this thread

What are you paranoid about?

If you’re saying they’re delusions, then they probably aren’t. Someone can’t recognise that their delusions are delusions, they believe them to be true

2 Likes

Well it depends what the delusions are… but I agree with you

I’ve seen a therapist & an ARNP but they don’t seem to believe I have psychosis. But their reasoning seems to stem from the notion that all schizophrenics are completely out of touch with reality & need to be hospitalized immediately. Which I don’t believe to be the case. That’s just when the problem becomes undeniably OBVIOUS. Most schizophrenics suffered more subtle symptoms for a while before their schizophrenia became apparent. I honestly feel the reason I am do self aware of there being a problem is because my symptoms didn’t occur gradually over time. They came on suddenly so it was easier to make the distinction that something was wrong with me quite immediately. I’ve read that more rapid onset is not uncommon with schizophrenia that is induced by drug use

I think what you’re missing is to actually know what it’s like to become sz. Any volunteers want to explain?

I can intellectually recognize that my delusions are delusions & most likely not plausible but it doesn’t stop be from believing them on an emotional level if that makes sense. They affect me significantly emotionally. Even though I can consciously recognize that they’re delusions I still can’t shake the fear they induce