I might have Schizophrenia!

I think I will seek out a psychiatrist since they have more experience with this things than the ARNP who currently diagnosed me. It’s just weird because my whole entire perception of everything has been altered. Even when I’m not feeling anxious or depressed things still aren’t normal the way they used to be.

1 Like

Maybe there’s just different levels of severity. It is a spectrum. There have been times when my speech has been very erratic & disorganized, it’s not all the time. Most of the time I can still manage to articulate myself coherently but I have to really focus. & what comes out doesn’t usually match what’s going on in my head. On here I reread a few times before I post & usually have to fix tons of typos or wrong words that I used. I don’t express myself as effortlessly as I used to. I’ve always been fairly smart & eloquent. I’ve never had this much difficulty expressing myself before

I definitely have disorganized behavior. Once I walked up the stairs & didn’t even realize I was doing it til I reached the top & became aware & was like why the heck am I going upstairs because i had no reason to go up there. Nothing is upstairs except my sister & niece’s rooms & they weren’t home so there was no reason to go up there. It was really weird

Of course there are. What I’m saying is that, right now, you are way below the threshold. Disorganized speech is not the same as typos when you write or thinking hard before you say something.

1 Like

Yeah I have a lot of paranoia like that too. I always suspect my family is talking & laughing about how I’ve gone crazy.

That isn’t really disorganized behavior, either.

It can be when you’re me & literally used to never make typos. I was a grammar Nazi. Infact I don’t even think most of them are technically typos, just me putting the wrong words down cuz I can’t think properly now. Like I noticed in a previous post of mine I write about psychiatrists have more experience with “This things” instead of “these things” that wasn’t a typo just cognitive decline

Can you give me some examples of disorganized behavior? It’s honestly really hard to know what’s what with these things because they use terms like “Disorganized thoughts/speech/behavior” but never really elaborate on the specifics of what that crap actually means

1 Like

Maybe RIGHT NOW I am below the threshold, but I was even more below the threshold in previous weeks. Things have been progressing which as I understand is how these things usually go…

No, you must talk to a psychiatrist and probably give you some meds

Oh, well dang :sob: :sob: I really just keep hoping that I’m just going to wake up one day & everything is going to be back to normal

1 Like

Yes, please do. Regardless of what mental health issues you have, whether it’s sz/sza or not, consulting a pdoc would be a good idea.

2 Likes

I hope that too but everyday I wake up it’s the same I’ve switch meds so much because things don’t work.i took Wellbutrin it fixed some of my symptoms so I stopped taking it relapsed and I’m in worse shape than before far worse

It’s really not what you are describing at all. And that you immediately assume you have those symptoms suggests you might have more health anxiety than you think. Here are some examples that should make it clear to you that you do not have disorganized behavior or speech:

http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/tc/types-of-schizophrenia-topic-overview

Oh no, I’m so sorry that you haven’t found anything that works for you, that’s awful. That really makes me feel more hopeless about my own situation :worried:

No I’m just saying if u get prescribed meds take them they will work just when things get better don’t stop some of us make that mistake .

I’m not even sure you are psychotic, but yes in general it goes away and is only temporary. I’d say what’s important is that you see a dr about your symptoms. it seems the general consensus is that you may not have sz. What I’m curious about is if you want sz. You might also have bipolar with your lack of sleep

Repeating exactly what someone else has said (echolalia).
Examples of disorganized behavior include:

Repeating the same activity (word or behavior) over and over again (perseveration).

I’ve done both of those things. I don’t know if repeating what people say counts if you’re not repeating it out loud but last night I was trying to watch a video on YouTube & I realized I was repeating every single word the person in the video was saying & I didn’t know why. It freaked me out so I turned the video off.

Melimel as I said before but I just want to emphasize is that psychosis can create sz like symptoms without having sz

I most definitely DOOOOO NOOOOOT want schizophrenia. I just desperately want something, anything, to ease my mind & make it clear to myself that I do not have it. I don’t want to have any mental illness. I just want to go back to how my life was prior to May 14th. But the more I become familiar with schizophrenia the more convinced I am that I have it. Almost 90% of the symptoms seem to describe things I’ve experienced albeit to varying degrees of severity so all it does is reinforce my believe that schizophrenia could be a reality for me when all I want is for SOMETHING to make me go “Oh yeah I DEFINITELY don’t have that” honestly St this point it’s become sort of irrelevant. Even if it is just anxiety or whatever it’s obviously gotten to a point where it’s become severely debilitating so either way my quality of life is going to suffer significantly which sucks & is hard to accept.