Computer science/mentor/study group

Im 21 almost 22, im studying sql,php,java,ruby on rails sql first
Im also schizoaffective. Its hard for me to concentrate. I love programming but have noone around me who knows anything about it. I wish i could talk to more people with that common interest.

4 Likes

Moved to School and Work.
—Mod-beam

There is a website called meetup and its at meetup.com and there u will find those with similar interests u can meet with if u drive I guess

1 Like

Hi bunny
My brother started programming age 11
He always had natural talent
He always got very well paid contracts
He now works from home

1 Like

I know SQL and PHP (as well as some other languages). Check out my site - irlindesign dot com. Are you learning in school or online?

I would be interested to chat. I currently code in VBA at work but looking to transition to C Sharp.

I got work to buy me a refurbished laptop, and I have Visual studio community 2015 and SQL 2014.

Struggling with motivation as have not touched it for a while but it’s one of my goals for next year to achieve learning it.

1 Like

Long time ago I tried to major in Computer Science. Unfortunately, I could only handle freshman year (basic high-level C++). Once I took a class on Assembly, and I didn’t have a clue what was going on.

is there a way i could talk to him?

only online rn.

i want to learn csharp too, im trying to stay motivated but its hard.

well you wanna try learing again

GitHub or stackoverflow are your friend :blush::blush:

I wouldn’t waste my time on it, any work you may find is contract work which only lasts 6 months or less.

I built a portal to a windows application and setup a registration page, but that was two months ago.

I am going to try and get some help to structure my free time as I am really struggling at the moment. Every time I try and do hobbies I used to have my senses get so overloaded I have to sleep.

I thought of trying learning again, but not anymore. Not necessarily giving up but I’m just limited to begin with. Anything I could do now is only at a basic level. There’s only a limited extent to what I can do, anyway. I’m kind of in the position of “I don’t make 'em” “I just use them or play them.” What’s the point if no one is using or playing? That’s just where I’m at. Someone’s got to use the applications or play the games.

I have a computer science degree and have worked in IT for over 10 years. I recommend taking courses on coursera and joining Facebook groups that they setup for the courses. You’ll learn so much and can do them for free. You’ll also get to meet like-minded people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to clean my computer because it is very slow :sunglasses:
but for this simple task you now need to be a computer expert engineer. :wink: :dark_sunglasses:

Do you still work in IT? @LucyK

I lost my contract when I became psychotic but I’m hoping to get back on top of things and return to IT soon, all going well. I need to get these meds sorted out first.

1 Like

Ruby on rails

1 Like