Your dream job

So, I was in medical school studying to become a Dr, then Psychosis happened and I was sent home (suspension of study). I went back but I didn’t comply with medication, so there was still an issue and I was withdrawn from the course

My dreams were to become one of the best Dr

To this day I have regrets about not complying with medication and working with the mental health teams

It feels like a massive void - psychosis literally robbed me of my career aspirations

What is your dream job? How far did you get with it?

6 Likes

I was working 2 jobs prior to psychosis. One in the electrical field and one in security. Lost them both due to psychosis.

3 Likes

My dream was to be a Dr too but started having cognitive and negative symptoms at 15y.o. Then got positive symptoms at 16y.o. Then voices got worse telling me to kill myself to prove that I am God etc I tried to kill myself once at 20y.o. with a car accident at 200kmh and once at 21 y.o. with a Tylenol overdose 1 bottle, both times ended up in the emergency.

Got diagnosed at 21 with psychosis nos after the 2nd suicide attempt. All this affected my school, I ended up getting a kinesiology degree (3y but took me 8y) but didn’t have the grades to specialize (4th year) in physiotherapy/Athletic Therapy/Rehab. Now I am unable to work or volunteer.

4 Likes

At first they were insulting voices like stupid, cheater, loser, b!tch, etc They also told me I have HIV etc
Later they told me to kill myself.

1 Like

I was always lazy, I studied at university I enjoyed it and I finished my studies. But it’s impossible to get a job. And I’m even lazier from this illness. My dream jobb is to work at the discrimination ombudsman.

3 Likes

No dream Job, trying to be happy with what i got. But a store maybe, seems fun.

2 Likes

I would like to work as an investigator of some sort; currently taking classes that might help propel me towards that goal.

4 Likes

I always wanted to be occupational therapist.

2 Likes

My dream job involves coding and math, if could join them together it would be great.

2 Likes

Have you looked at cybersecurity - you need to combine math with coding for encryptions etc…

3 Likes

I never studied anything related to cybersecurity, but who knows where I may end.

3 Likes

I want secretary or admin work
I would like to be a temp

3 Likes

Musician…
I wanted to do sound illustration years ago. I even sold some compositions.
I might try to start over.

3 Likes

My aspiration was also to be a doctor. However, i am a registered nurse, so it hasn’t been a big waste. Maybe, once things settle a bit more, i’ll be able to go back to uni and complete that medical degree. I don’t want to give up just yet.

3 Likes

People lately accuse me of cheating. My first college gave me a test to show how far to go in school. It said I should get a Master’s degree. I used to skip class a lot though.

2 Likes

I got a degree in Laboratory Science but used to skip class. I was a Medical Technologist and Laboratory scientist but when I was a lab scientist, the conditions were bad and they weren’t going to build a new building for years. I don’t know when they did. I quit. There was also someone I didn’t like. I should have worked until I qualified for a pension.

1 Like

My dream job is to get back to coding which is what i did before this jobless state

2 Likes

At the risk of starting to repeat myself, all I’ve ever wanted is to be a chef. I got my journeyman’s ticket and my red seal. About six months after that a prep cook tried to blow up the kitchen with me in it and I was left with a badly injured back. That was the end of my cooking career. This last year with COVID is the first where I’ve been glad I’m not a chef as I don’t like being unemployed and that’s chef life for too many now.

4 Likes

my dream job is flying airplanes around indonesia in the mountains… i never pursued it though. I liked my job in the army too but i couldn’t keep it up.

4 Likes

Getting paid being a member on this forum.:thinking:

6 Likes