IS your dream job impossible because you're schizophrenic?

I don’t really know what my dream job is, but I’d like to try to learn gun smithing. I’m ex military, too-BUT is my dream job impossible because I’m schizophrenic? I dunno.

I was wondering if any of you have an idea that you can’t get out of your head but schizophrenia keeps you from making the idea come true?

7 Likes

I want to become a psychologist. Schizophrenia has prevented me from reaching that goal but I have not given up. It will take a lot of hard work but I think I can do it.

8 Likes

I dream of becoming a speech therapist. I still think I can do it if I really try, but I’m not sure I want to put the work in. My hesitation isn’t so much because of my schizophrenia, it’s more that I don’t want to spend three years in school accumulating debt.

6 Likes

Actually not schizophrenia, but my self destructive behavior. I wanted to be a doctor but didn’t believe that I could, so I sabotaged myself.

Right now, inspired by @mortimermouse and @anon9798425, I want to go back to college to study psychology, focused on development in children with disabilities.

I wanted to go back this year to study to be a teacher, but I would need to work 5 years with regular kids so I could then take my masters in special ed and I didn’t want that. But, the school was too expensive, I didn’t want my mom to pay for it, and I kinda gave up on it.

10 Likes

My dream job is cookery.i finished 2 cookery school at australia and i m planning to study 2 year cookery school in my country while i m working as a school attendant.for now its too far away to be cook because i hopefully work 10 years as a school attendant but after 10 year i can have early retirement.after 10 years later i will be 45 years old.maybe that time i can be qualified cook.i don t think this illness taking my dream job from me.because my only limitations is my willing instict.if i want to make something i can be done

4 Likes

My dream job is impossible because of a severe back injury. Can’t physically meet the demands of being a chef. Doesn’t stop me from messing around in my own kitchen or sharing my love of cooking with youth as a volunteer instructor.

7 Likes

My dream job would be a writer for the Oscars. Something happens on stage…a miscue…or strange comment. Then they break for commercial.

I’d lurve the thrill of sitting backstage with a group of writers like @Nomad or @77nick77 or @turningthepage to try to come up with a killer line for the emcee in one and a half minutes when the show returns from break.

5 Likes

I dont think so. I am now learning computer science in college. That would be my dream job. I will study masters degree when i finish my bachelor.

3 Likes

I’m a 16 year old mma fighter and hope to do well at that :slight_smile: schizophrenia rarely effects my performance and never effected it during competition. I won my 1st proper fight and won’t be allowed to fight again until next year due to new rules on age :confused: Hope all of you continue to get closer to completing your goals :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@BJJShutIn

We should start an MMA website together…

I own a domain name called Just4kixxx.com. You would be the information guy as I know very little about this sport.

1 Like

hahaha that sounds cool :slight_smile: I don’t have any experience with websites though

I’ve owned this domain name for years…not sure what to do with it.

2 Likes

i think i want to be a support worker of some kind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi spooky i m try to learn c++ language but i feel that i have cognitive impairment due to drug that i used.how is your cognitive abilities.which drug are you using and are you consider that you are good at computer programming despite to your drug that you used?

My cognitive abilities are good. i use xeplion 100 mg.I think i can be good in computer programming just need to study it as much us i phisically can. in some lessons i am better then someone other lesson for exsample logic seems very difficult. But most normies that i s studying with me dont understand that subject too.At first i was scared how will i gonna learn mathematics but everything for now is ok. I am studying now xhtml and css in www.thenewboston.com and i understand everything what it says… I think i will be ok and in C++ , java, and other stuff… I am studying better then i was before in my school and maritime academy witch i hated and was smoking weed and didn’t understand anything…1 Year before i was on respiridone it was difficult to read…i was very annoyed when reading or doing something…I think i had more negative symptomes with respiridone. I was entered before year in the same college with respiridone and went out after first week becouse i thought i couldn’t do my homework and feel anxious near other people…But after hospitalised months after xeplion injection i started reading everything normal…Everything ok with studying for me just little harder couse i get tired faster becouse i drink pills for sleeping and i sleep not all days good…

1 Like

Thats wonderful new for you can learn with xeplion.because i also use 75mg xeplion but it seems my cognitive impairment not from the drugs but from illness i think.i can understand what i learn but i can not process to different situations.

1 Like

I do what I love mostly. I still think I might land an indi record deal someday… Maybe… I don’t care about the money tho… If I could get pro quality recordings I’d be stoked but in the meantime I work on my own mixes

2 Likes

I think your cartoons add an extra oomph to your music…the two together makes it real cool

2 Likes

I think my dream job would have been acting - but i’m so bad at it it’s unreal… my second chance to get into theatre only happened recently -
with a bit more know how, i could have written better, more wide reaching plays
as it is i write plays and engage with people from other groups to put my plays on, so far loosely or tightly linked to mental health: Dream - job “a la Schizophrenia”

I was going to do an english degree, i would have done it with a masters in play writing or drama

Got here the long way round

1 Like

Ty sir… Its a comical angle :grinning: I couldn’t make music go far with my mug so I use a furry caveman as a front man to get more views lol…

I also will want to make funny episodes

2 Likes