Yet another mood change

Part of my sza is Bipolar type 2. Went through a long depressed period and then had boundless energy today. I felt fantastic but also felt off and brushed it off as nothing. Now I’m laying in bed, supposed to be sleeping, with an urge to clean the whole house. I can’t stop fidgeting and I feel like I have so much energy I could burst. I did so much today and know I need to sleep. Now it makes so much sense; I’m hypomanic.

How do you deal with your mania/hypomania?

2 Likes

I don’t have mania, but if my mood turns sour I listen to calming music and meditate for a bit. I plan to add aromatherapy to that.

1 Like

Spending the energy of something is probably a good thing to do. Do you have any creative outlets? Besides house cleaning :slight_smile: ?

Walking/pacing helps with hypomania

1 Like

I used to follow the instinct end up feeling guilty. Only thing that helps for now for me is medicine.

If it’s bedtime maybe take a PRN to calm yourself down. If manic state occurs during daytime then physical activity or exercise.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.