Would you date someone else with schizophrenia?

would you date someone else with schizophrenia?

1 Like
2 Likes

I have. I live at an assisted living center for the mentally ill, and I’ve had interludes with a couple of the women here.

2 Likes

Probably not. I wouldn’t rule it out 100%, since anything is possible. There’s this super cute patient at the pharmacy where I work who I’m guessing is sza, based on her meds, and she’s also one of our sweetest patients. She makes me wonder if I could go for someone like her. I don’t know, my more rational side says it would be a bad idea.

1 Like

What’s that like, is it allowed or do you have to be sneaky?

A fellow schizophrenic would be one of the only types of girls I could get along with. I’d try it though I don’t know how well it’d work out. I’d hope I wouldn’t offend them.

3 Likes

I just posted on another thread that my dream man is 15 years younger than me, fit, beautiful, kind, respectful, not obsessed with sex and not MI

I am aware that it is exceedingly unlikely that I will A-meet this person and that B- they will be available and C- they will be interested in me

What is life without dreams, right?

If it was against the rules no one said so. A lot of people were doing it. At one transition house I lived in there were strict rules against having sex on the property, but I really got no indications that it was against the rules where I was then.

3 Likes

I have a lot of telepathic conversations with women, but more in real life would be cool.

I had lots of friend girls when I was a pothead in highschool, but that’s a scary way to always be paranoid.

Sure itd be fun :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope never not in a million yesrs

3 Likes

Yeh, why not? I can’t really relate to anyone else.

I’d at least give it a try.

1 Like

I would most definitely meet up with another SZ female.
I prefer it.
“Normies” are not my cup of tea :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am married, so this is hypothetical. If i was single would probably only fall for high functioning woman who is in recovery for some time. I dont need too much drama above the normal amount that goes with living in a relationship with a woman. Anyway i would try it with the right woman if its true love. Before i knew my wife it did not happen that was attracted to any fellow patients during the times i was in hospital.

1 Like

Never bad idea! I want some women to make my mental health better not worse. Like my ex was mentally ill and it was a nightmare the whole ride

1 Like

yes because then i can feels normal like i fit in again

4 Likes

I would for 2 reasons:

1 - I find most normies disgusting
2 - I would be a burden and a waste of time for a normie

1 Like

I dated a women who also had schizophrenia. She had a son and a lot of the similar mental illness’s that I had. She was honestly the only person I met who understood what it was like to hear things and see things. I almost fell in love with her instantly. We dated for half a year, but when we got to school everything was stressing her out because she was in school for her son. So I told her that I wanted her to focus on her son and get her education so I let her go. She eventually cut all connections off with me and I miss her more then anything.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t date a normie at the moment, let alone someone with schizophrenia. If I were to date someone they really would have to stand on their own two feet though - regardless of whether they were schizophrenic or normie. A whole lot of normies don’t know how to stand on their own two feet.

So I’m out of the dating game.

1 Like

Yes if I could meet a guy my age who was sz!!! Grin.

1 Like