Would you date someone else with schizophrenia?

My SO isn’t SZ, but he’s his own brand of “crazy.” I can’t stand normal men. They bore me.

wait, “interlude” means… o_0

I thought “interlude” meant “date”…

lol lol lol lol

I married a schizophrenic female that I met here on the older version of this site. we were delusional a lot of the time we were together and made poor life decisions that ruined our lives. I am now divorced and with a Normal. She keeps me in touch with reality so I prefer a normal than another MI person.

2 Likes

I would, but I have not dated anyone in years, not sure how I would do

1 Like

I went on a dating site (where I met my husband) and one of the criteria I had listed for what I was looking for was “happy childhood required”. What that meant to me at the time was that I wanted someone who wasn’t trying to heal from past wounds. I was looking for someone very stable because I have enough to deal with.
I’m very selfish in that respect. I am really busy with myself, I have raised my son, and I don’t want to take care of anyone else.
My husband is very normal and stable. It can be annoying and frustrating sometimes and it hurts when he just can’t understand me, but that’s a price I’m willing to pay to know he’s stable…

1 Like

Sure, as long as they got a nice rack. And 77nick77 offends everybody for the sake of a laugh.

6 Likes

you didn’t offend me. I’m a dude.

but I’d rather Google Images and music, rather than date, for [quote=“77nick77, post:26, topic:75401”]
a nice rack
[/quote]

because I’ve never dated.

Yes. I would date someone with sz/sza.

1 Like

No way, my wife would kill me!

5 Likes

I date Palmella Handerson. She has sz too

5 Likes

“Would you date someone else with schizophrenia?”

depends if said someone would want to date me. lol lol lol lol

Sure I would. 15

1 Like

I want to be single, I wouldn’t date anybody.

1 Like

@far_cry0 did you read?

3 Likes

Okay, i am in a serious relationship for 6 months now. she gets invega and i take abilify depot, im looking for ways to improve my condition. my last thingie would be Pro Frontal

1 Like

Now that I think about it I would probably end up staying single, I have a habit of talking myself out of anyone who is interested.

I do okay on line from a distance, chatted with sz people for years, but have no delusions of a real in person relationship developing. I do admit having a real person to chat with everyday who has sz is comforting as you can usually share your life with them, without so much judgement.

2 Likes

Well I fell for a Normie.

But he was always the crazy one and made me worse because he never understood.

Now he’s taking care of his Mother in another’s state, so I’m alone and having the time of my life. :grinning:

Absofreakinglutely!!! It’s so lonely being surrounded by people who don’t understand! I’d date a schizophrenic in a heart beat, if I could find one.

1 Like

i would date someone with sz.

1 Like

I had a fling with a girl who had Sz. Only lasted a couple weeks, I knew her from work. Was fun, but I screwed it up. She was very together and open about her MI. However, I at the time was on a forced injection yet still had no insight about my condition.