Worried no one will hire me

I haven’t worked in 8 years. I left my last job due to disability. I now am an old woman. It’s going to be hard to find a job. That’s a lot of strikes against me.

5 Likes

Yeah. That’s tough. I’ve been out of work for 6.5 years, so I relate to you in that way. I can’t do anything anymore and it’s scary.

1 Like

You don’t look old from your profile pics.

Also you have transferable skills, experience at your age which is good.

I think enthusiasm takes one far if you get to an interview stage :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t worry if you don’t get it. Feel good that you gave it a shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea, I mean I guess at least I tried.

1 Like

My mom got a part time job making min wage (no benefits) after not working for over 30 years being a house mom…anything’s possible. I had a cousin who got a job too and she’s kind of a sad case. It gives me hope. I don’t really want to work. I got confusion going on, which may be partly to blame from caffeine, but I don’t know…

if you’re on ssdi, it might be worth a shot to keep your benefits and work.

3 Likes

it’s a great market right now for those willing to work I think.

3 Likes

Im worried too, i applied for a job that my dad advised me not to attempt…but is at the same time going to drive me to work if I am hired…

1 Like

I’m confident that you can get some type of job, as long as you aren’t too picky. I don’t know how much you really want one and how much you are willing to settle, but if you keep applying I’m confident that you can get one somewhere.

3 Likes

I heard age discrimination is real. And I heard this from a reliable source.

I don’t feel like getting into an economic model of the labor market, but it’s fair to say that there is a surplus of unskilled labor in the states. So you’ll be competing with people who have college degrees/experience.

It’s too bad the ‘ticket to work’ program is such sh*t. You’re on ssdi and this is the ssdi work rehab program and it is a ■■■■■■■ joke.

I think your in California? You should have more resources available to you on a state level than most people.

2 Likes

nevermind ur right. discrimination sucks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.