Will Your Nieces/Nephews, or Kids Take Care of You When You Get Old

Nah - no bugger will be looking after me, not unless i probably paid for a carer.

Ill be found rotting in bed, after the neighbours have complained about the smell, with the police breaking the door down. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think about it. When someone wants to take care of me or thinks I require care, well, it would be a blessing. I plan to live independently till my later years.

I have no one to look after me when I get older.

One of my clients is a man in his late 70s, he spends most of his time in a wheelchair. He lives in a building where he has his own little apartment but personal support workers come in at meal time and cook him dinner in his kitchen. I guess it is some type of assisted living centre. That may be what I’ll have to do.

I’m hoping I am more like my grandmother. She lived to 90 on her own at her house up until the end. Near the end she had a person that helped out with laundry and grocery shopping but for the most part she was independent and healthy. Unfortunately she came down with pneumonia and was hospitalized, that is what ended up killing her.

Whatever the problem may be in the future, it will eventually get solved on its own by me dying.

I’m 71 years old. I can sill take care of myself. What will happen if I cannot take care of myself?

My brother and I are quite close, but he has mental health problems too. My sister is rather negative re my mental health problems. She wouldn’t help me. My nieces I’ve seen little of in 27 and 24 years. The younger one had me as a FB friend then dropped me. The older one was never a FB friend.

My (s) family have helped me more than my birth family have ever done.I have never found it easy to say the words ‘I love you’ with my birth family, but did with my late wife. I have no trouble saying I love you to my (s)family, and it’s not just a one way thing. If things got really bad I’d want my s/dau to be my power of attorney. As it is she’s officially recognised as a carer by social services.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.