Will I ever be symptom-free?

I had nearly a week where I wasn’t hearing any voices. I was still hyper vigilant and scared that they would come back, so I was paranoid that I would hear them, but I had some relief.

Then they came back again a few days ago.

If I’m on the right medication is a possible to be symptom-free? Have any of you had success long term in the voice is going away entirely?

I would like to know this too :expressionless: What AP are you currently on?

2 Likes

I’ve had symptom free days before. My voice always comes back, but I know it will leave for awhile also. It seems to be a pattern.

I’m taking Zyprexa. The voices come almost nightly in spite of myself, but I (kinda) know they’re a delusion. I kinda believe them, though, and deep down I fear I might be “the root of all evil.”

The trick I found was not to let them bother you. Like you say, it can be a paranoid mindset and an obsessive way of dealing with the illness just waiting for your brain to play up again. It’s not healthy to do that.

I have a strong internal voice now, and it is stronger than any hallucination and is backed up by reason. I do not let these things take over any more and I am in full control of the situation, as it’s all my mind after all.

Discipline. Reason. Negotiation. respect. These are all things that take practise, with a side of meds to help keep things under control.

Practise makes perfect, and the longer you persevere with it the better at controlling these things you will become. No need to be a passive recipient of your brains defects. Take back control of the situation.

1 Like

i want my internal voice goes away…really hate it, seems that medication dun help, sigh

2 Likes

You may want to ask your doctor to change meds or increase dosage. From my experience, zyprexa did 0 but cause weight gain. However, it works for others :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

One thing one of my favourite nurses at the psych ward told me last admission was “some symptoms may never go away”. I dont want to be pessimistic. It is very possible the right AP will relieve your voices conpletely or greatly reduce them. However a reality is that some symptoms may never go away, unfortunately. But dont give up hope.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.