Has any of you gotten rid of your voices?

Just curious if any of you have managed it. If yes, how long have you had them before they started to fade/go away? I’ve been hearing voices for about 10 years now and they are still here.

1 Like

As soon as the treatment kicks in my voices fade until they are gone completely.
I take an AP called Abilify. It takes about two weeks for it to start working, but now I no longer mess with my treatment. I take it as prescribed.

2 Likes

Im on Olanzapine and i find that it really helps me

2 Likes

I got ride of them for 6 months on 20mg Zyprexa, but then they returned. I have accepted to live with them. On 20mg and 15 mg Zyprexa they aren’t mean or aggressive, I am not longer on that dosis though, I was too sleepy.

I’m considered treatment resisitant so it’s difficult to completely blank my positive symptoms. The level of medication needed to do so is incapacitating - turns me into a drooling lump. I have had to learn how to manage having some symptoms on lower doses so I’m able to maintain a full-time career. I strongly recommend CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) as it was a game changer for me.

Cheers.

3 Likes

[quote=“Andrey, post:2, topic:281483”]
As soon as the treatment kicks in my voices fade until they are gone completely.
[/quote

i had vocies for a few days like a week then i started taking some AP. The doctor described two types: Solian and another one that i forget its name cause i stopped taking it as my doctor told me so. and now i am taking Solian the 50 mg Dose only and it does its work for me.

3 Likes

I had voices,screams, moans and gunshots 24/7 for about eight years.

It was so horrible and I suffered and felt tortured but it went away.

I nolonger havd voices.

A couple or few years later I had a relapse and was hospitalised but that was only delusions and nolonger voices thankfully.

I don’t know what made them go away.

I was unmediated for a couple years or so.

I’m on latuda now.

Been on olanzapine and a few other medication.

When I had voices I sometimes wrote a to do list like brush my teeth, have a shower, eat breakfast etc so I could take care of myself the basics and not just the voices but also take care of my physical body enough to stay out of hospital.

3 Likes

Invega worked wonders for me. For the most part the only thing that stayed had been paranoia, but it was great. Very little side effects as well

My voices are as quiet as they can get. It took forever and ever. I don’t know if anyone will understand but in the beginning when they were outside of me and loud accompanied by visuals they impressed me so much it gave them power to this day even though they are just barely there. They get mad at me a lot and I admit I can make bad decisions. I recently changed my mind about the split, the mind can be divided in some ways. With me it’s a dissociation, and possibly my way of communicating with myself. It got very bad last year because they really wanted me dead. I ended up seeing their side of the argument. From time to time I let it go and I know they are just imaginary. It’s hard to stop, I’ve done it as far back as I can remember. I was born mad.

1 Like

I’ve been hearing voices all my life, but my medications help block out certain ones.

I still hear them, but they aren’t as disabling.

I’m dealing with other sensory influences that the medications can’t always mediate so I’m constantly looking for new coping mechanisms.

1 Like

I used to hear several neighbors’ voices. Now I just hear one voice.

I only managed temporary stripes of clarity. Usually a few days. The longest was probably three months. I never took anti-psychotics.

I did some surface level study on the condition as well as paid attention to the stories of others. This is process was the most beneficial to reduce positive symptoms for me.

Yes, completely, but only with the help of meds.

Currently on 60mg if Lurasidone (Latuda)

1 Like

Don’t really hear “Vicky” or the others, unless the shot is wearing out - or someone has stressed the hell of me out.

Even then they don’t phase me really anymore - I’m able to tell them to piss off and go about my day. Can be annoying in bed though. Probably not so bad for me, cos mine have never been really nasty.

Ive learnt to live with them :slight_smile:

The thing that does wind me up though, is when I’m “mis-hearing” conversations outside, and my daft brain translates it into them slagging me off. Was a right pain in the arse in the summer, when it was too hot to keep the windows closed lol.

2 Likes

I was told by my pdoc that my voices would never go away. I do a fairly good job ignoring them. I only seek help when they become violent or prevent me for functioning. And I’m okay with that.

2 Likes

I only hear one Voice…I used to hear 4. I’m on clozapine, but I hate it cuz it makes me want to eat constantly and produces excess saliva. I was able to try a different med that was also working about a month ago but it gave me pancreatitis so I was put back on Clozapine last week.

Must be hard with voices. I don’t hear voices, and couldn’t imagine how it must be. It would be great if future meds stop them for you guys.

Do you hear voices in your sleep, or do they stop when you’re asleep?

Sleep is in general the only time you get a rest from the voices. That is why good sleep is very important to give the brain a break.

1 Like

I was earlier used to hear insulting words from strangers for myself wherever I go from 1999 to 2010. Now I am hearing insulting words from strangers towards my family members. Strangers are shouting my family members names wherever I go from 2011 to till now. Today also, some neighbors in my residential colony have shouted insulting words to my family member from outside of my home. I and my family member was inside my home when neighbors were shouting my family member name. I am on Risperidone 2 mg.

Yes meds have got rid of voices