Will Grey Poupon Dijon mustard make me drunk?

Grey Poupon mustard contains white wine.
Can it interfere with my meds?
I bought 2 jars and am dying to have some.

Sounds silly but just playing it on the safe side.

Does anyone know?

2 Likes

Not that little bit. There’s barely any in there.

2 Likes

I don’t think so.

2 Likes

No I wouldn’t imagine so

2 Likes

It’s too small amount. You could probably eat 10 bottles without effect

2 Likes

I think you will be okay. :racehorse::racehorse::racehorse:

3 Likes

I never got drunk off Grey Poupon. (I have low tolerance) If the alcohol content were an FDA issue Grey Poupon would be required to put a warning on the label.

Non alcoholic beer also has a small amount of alcohol in it.

3 Likes

Even orange juice has more alcohol in it than non-alcoholic beer and wine. The yeasts in it naturally produce enough alcohol to do that.

Just a little random trivia for ya.

6 Likes

I used to wash my mouth out with a mouth wash that had a fair amount of alcohol in it. I didn’t get enough to trigger a craving in me, but I did switch to another brand with no alcohol in it.

2 Likes

Well I’ve had risotto at the Hilton. It was made with wine it never affected me. I’ve also had a glass of wine a couple of times. Never felt strange or noticed my meds not working right. They will tell you not to consume alcohol on aps. But I was fine. I would tell you not to get totally wasted. But a small amount I had no problem.

3 Likes

Thanks guys! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to have some turkey slices and cheese with a slathering of Dijon mustard!

I just ate dinner so maybe tomorrow.

4 Likes

well since there’s a thread about grey poupon dijon mustard, let’s not forget the famous commercial…“pardon me, do you have any grey poupon?”

4 Likes

I loved that commercial.

2 Likes

They were in a limo when they filmed that commercial.The funny thing was kids rented a limo for prom and would roll down the window and ask people if they had any grey poupon.

2 Likes

I once dared my mom to ask the waitress at a seafood place how much beer was in the beer battered shrimp. She told her she was driving and didn’t want to get too drunk. She did it and the waitress looked at us like we were crazy.

Grey Poupon is some good stuff.

3 Likes

From the commerical you would get the impression that grey poupon was a snobs mustard.

2 Likes

I prefer yellow mustard but I was in the airport the other day and got a sandwich and they gave me two packets of gray poupon so I recently had my fix.

I could eat bratwurst with yellow mustard every day almost.

4 Likes

Here is the commercial. I guess its a rolls Royce not a limo though.

3 Likes

It’s actually a good question. When I used to cook I had recipes calling for wine or wine vinegar or a little hard alcohol. My mom told me the alcohol would burn off as I fried or baked it. I’m an addict and I don’t take that chance anymore. If a recipe calls for wine I don’t make it.

2 Likes

You’re kind of asking two separate questions.

Will it interfere with your meds? I highly doubt it.

Will it make you drunk? I would say the chances are slight.

2 Likes