Why so many people reject medication use?

I’m not forced to take them. And I was referring to her not being forced to take them.

1 Like

I talk freely because I’m not medicated. Absolutely correct.

“We” are not forced to do anything. I and most others here take meds freely and willingly because they help us.

1 Like

Or because you couldn’t get disability without taking them?

I’m not on disability and I would get disability without taking meds, so no.

1 Like

I don’t know which country you’re from but here in Canada you don’t have choice you have to take meds or they force injections on you.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound true. If it is it would be a major human rights problem. But forced treatment is sometimes necessary after a thorough individual evaluation.

I suffer really hard and I wouldn’t stop taking them for granted only with advice of pdoc cause I don’t want to get back on hospital ever agian I prefer suffer taking them and stay home and not to get in this horrible places.

some nights my throat is closing up, for any other reason or possibly because of the meds themselves, so I’m scared to swallow them. no way for a depot! it only lasts about one night, then I’m back on, and being so conscious of how they’re going down.

Idc. That’s your choice. I would hate making the same choices for me. I’d rather die.

To live with meds or not it’s your on choice no one making decisions for any adults only the person himself.

I do not reject meds. I have been on some form of psych meds since 2012. My doctor recently took me off my AP because I have had zero positive symptoms in several years and the med was giving me TD. I still take other meds, though. My doctor thinks these meds will address my needs more effectively.

2 Likes

never heard of a doctor doing that, usually you just switch meds.

So you’re telling me I can refuse meds?

1 Like

I am in Canada and I was never forced to take meds but I was never involuntarily hospitalized. I stopped meds with Drs help but it was hell being unmedicated so I returned on meds.

2 Likes

I think you did a really great job in your life handling this thing I’ve read according to what you wrote about yourself on the forum (shortcut) I wish I be able to make just one step.

3 Likes

If Canada is like almost any other country then unless the doctor and/or court has decided that you are incapable of making good decisions regarding your own health, then yes. But I wouldn’t advise you to do so. I’m slowly discontinuating my meds while cooperating with my doctor.

2 Likes

If I start showing symptoms again I will be going on Caplyta of Clozapine. But my current pdoc believes my psychosis was caused by lack of sleep, since I had a long history of getting 4 hours or less of sleep per night, and I have been diagnosed with a sleep disorder. He has me on meds to manage my sleep/wake cycle now.

1 Like

it’s bunk. if you’ve had full psychotic symptoms, going off of meds will cause them again.

I think they force you to take meds only when you’re being involuntarily hospitalized. I can ask my Dr to stop my meds again but I wont as he did last time and it was a disaster, nearly killed someone and myself.