Why is everyone here pro meds if no one wants to take them?

Are you indoctrinated?

4 Likes

I wanna take them.

2 Likes

Me too. 1515151515

2 Likes

I take them because they keep me relatively sane and out of the hospital. I’m sure some other people would say similar.

7 Likes

This is good. As well as everyone else’s answers

I was put down and judged so harshly for taking meds by my ex and his friends, even when I stopped. He believes they make me worse or “sleep”

2 Likes

I know someone who believes I need to do spirtiual work instead of medicine. And they totally adamant about it, or so it seems at least

2 Likes

My friend 30 years ago got mad that I took them and threw them away. He got violent because I didn’t tell him I was mentally ill but he suspected. He was the Tom Cruise of his time.

3 Likes

Who in their right mind would want to take a bunch of meds everyday, but it’s our responsibility to do so.

5 Likes

Never said I was :wink:

2 Likes

yes sadly decades of antipsychiatric propaganda left its sign on society; and sadly always the poor schizophrenics are paying its consequences… :frowning:

6 Likes

Yup. Pro meds. It’s like a trance. But I don’t care. If people want meds, that’s fine. I don’t want trouble. I already get flagged a lot. It’s a recovery website anyways.

2 Likes

I take them to stay out of the hospital

5 Likes

5 Likes

I hated taking meds when they didn’t work. Now I’m happy to take them.

3 Likes

I love taking my meds. Every few years, I become convinced that my brain has healed itself, and I try to taper down. It always ends badly for me, and reminds me why I take them.

I have to deal with certain family members and friends telling me that the meds are unnatural, or that I just need to make lifestyle changes. I tell them to shut their ignorant face holes, because they sound like idiots. When I don’t take my meds, I lie in bed all day and I can’t function. But I also act silly when I force myself to be around others. The ignorant people in my life see me acting silly, and assume that means I’m happier, or more free. But when I get like that, it feels like I’m driving a car downhill on a twisty road, and someone cut my brakes. I can’t slow down or stop. I just keep going faster and faster, until I fly off the cliff and end up in the hospital.

11 Likes

Ask a diabetic why they keep taking insulin when they hate needles.

Duh.

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Same here, except I get aggressive and think the TV is sending me messages. I don’t work or go to school because of meds so it’s sort of the same thing. I’m obese too so I’ll probably get diabetes some day.

3 Likes

I dreamt that I was hooked up on a kidney dialysis machine.it is a complication of diabetes

1 Like

I don’t want to lose everything and start over at zero in life…meds keep me safe and sane and that’s why I take them. Plus I love the med I’m on now and it doesn’t have any side effects.

4 Likes