Why is sex before marriage considered a sin?

Animals mate with each other all the time. We are still animals. Sex is our natural desire. Waiting for marriage is too long. I doubt I’ll go to hell for having sex before marriage. I don’t even want to have sex again, but I still feel desire. Why can’t I just be asexual. This is unfair.

Religious reasons aside, studies show that waiting until marriage before consummating increases relationship satisfaction significantly.

2 Likes

It must be nice to wait and meet the love of your life. Shame I’ll be alone forever until I die. I can’t wait for death. I’ll be free from this human prison.

I don’t mind being alone. When my brain feels right I don’t really care, I’m just happy. Eventually I’ll feel some pull to look for a woman, but not until my life is more complete.

2 Likes

I gave up on sex and marriage. I have a weak sex drive now on Risperdal but my mental health is more important than my sex life.

2 Likes

I always thought of it as more of a challenge than a sin.

5 Likes

It’s like jaywalking. Everybody knows it’s against the law and you’re not supposed to do it, but everybody does it anyways.

If two teenagers or two twenty year olds really want to have sex, they are going to find a way to do it no matter what anyone says.

2 Likes

I wish I had unprotected sex and got pregnant before I found out I had schizophrenia and still had a chance at a normal life. Maybe things would have been much easier to deal with idk. Now I’m trying to get myself together and I have some self stigma I’m still dealing with. I’m not really ready to share my life with some rando.

1 Like

I would probably be miserable if I married any boyfriend, but at least I wouldn’t be stalked.

That’s just based on religion- not every culture considers premarital sex as a sin.
However, I wish that I have waited before marriage.

1 Like

Is it a sin to make my personal religion just what i believe ? It includes many religions, its still love.

somethin about the ‘no hooha in da chacha ok nana?’

I’m not talking about marriage since I’m not into marriage, but taking time with sex makes it better for me. I’m the kind of person who associates emotional bond with sexual bond so therefore I would first like to create a healthy emotional bond so that I can enjoy sex and so he can too. I’m just one of those people whom it takes time to create this emotional bond with.

Surely before they have sex they kissed and communicated for awhile and talked about their religious beliefs. Depends how mad in love they are.

I wanted to be virgin in my marriage but sz precipitated me into life bcz I felt that I don’t have long before my life stops bcz of a mental illness. So I had sex with my gf (not virgin) from 2011-2016. I met her early 2011 and I was diagnosed end of 2011. Even being impulsive in life didn’t help against psychosis.

2 Likes

Before that I was close to a virgin girl in church. I think I would have married her and never had sex before marriage if I didn’t have schizophrenia.

2 Likes

IMHO I think it is considered a sin in certain circles because the culture hasn’t had time to change, it is an old idea. Two thousand years ago it might have been very easy to ruin your, or someone else’s life by having a child out of wedlock. However, birth control, ability to raise a child independently, and people not seeing marriage as a commodity are at a few strong reasons it doesn’t hold water anymore.

There may be other good reasons to wait to have sex until marriage though.

1 Like

In ancient times things were much different, people married at 13 years old so it was not a problem.
Also there were no reliable contraceptives or abortion and I assume the situation was very bad for single mothers.

I grew up in a religious environment, so I might be able to provide some input.
To some faiths, sex is a holy act committed with the purpose of creating life, which in some faiths should only be created by people who intent to stay together. In other words, married folks who have gotten their blessings from God by being married at church.
So in their eyes, extramarital sex is wrong because it hasn’t been blessed and could create a life that wouldn’t necessarily have two parents who live together.

2 Likes

I indeed feel the that I also will die forevar alone without love. :expressionless:

1 Like