When is marriage too soon?

When is a good time for marriage in your opinion.

2 Likes

I married my husband after dating about two and a half years,

Living together for all but about six months of that.

We’ve been married ten years now,

So I don’t think we rushed into it.

I think the answer differs person to person.

5 Likes

The hardest part for me trying to answer that question is I don’t believe in premarital sex nor moving in before marriage.

2 Likes

Then look for someone who shares your beliefs and values.

2 Likes

When you are both mature and feel ready and like you are with the right person/good match is the time to get married. Do not rush to the altar because everyone else is getting married. I did that but do not recommend. My mother was pressuring me to get married and have a bunch of kids despite knowing about my mental illness. She just didn’t get it!

1 Like

That’s very noble. However my humble opinion is that you never know someone until you live with them for a while.

I was going down the path of getting married to someone. We lived together for 2 years and decided not to get married as a result.

I think moving in together if marriage is on the cards is wise.

3 Likes

@CoCo And I have found him at least from all that I’ve seen so far and I made sure to look very closely to be sure I was okay with dating him. If they dont match then I dont keep dating them because I date for the purpose of finding a husband. (Sort of old fashioned)

@anon97859349 Can you ever be truly ready though? I dont have anybody rushing me but I’ve had this thought floating around my head lately.

@everhopeful We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Which is completely fine. I just dont believe in it for my own religious reasons but that’s just me. Please dont feel like I’m trying to say you’re wrong, youre not you just have a different set of beliefs.

3 Likes

I think mid to late 20’s is a good age to get married…then start a family if you so desire.

Your 20’s are for blowing the doors off of the joint, and 30’s are when you start getting more serious about family planning.

My 2 cents…

1 Like

But for me that means I would have been dating my boyfriend for about 10-11 years before marriage. If we dated for that long and didnt break up then why didnt we just marry?

My 2 cents on your 2 cents?
I hope I didnt come across as rude. I’m sorry if I did.

I’ll be with the same gal 30 years this September…married 20.

We just had a few drinks on our local Pub Patio with the kids the other day. We’re still a tightly knitted group.

1 Like

I just think your 20’s are for YOU…your 30’s are for US…kinda thing.

I’m glad you’re so smart about dating.

Well, I figure as soon as the check clears for the down payment I put on her it would be the right time.

5 is probably too soon. Just my thoughts

:turtle:

My husband and I were together 6 months and married. He had told me after 1 month he wanted to marry me. We lived together all 6 month because he had been my roommate for a month before we dated.

We’ve been together 20 years this month gone, and will be married 20 in December. 5 kids together.

So you absolutely can know right away.

4 Likes

I don’t believe in premarital sex or moving in with your partner either. But my answer is whenever you two mutually decide you want to get marry and have a family. I’m not really looking for marriage in my future as of right now due to my schizophrenia, but things could very well change down the road. I mean, I’m only 17 right now, so I hopefully have a long road ahead of me.

I think it’s good to live together before you marry.

I lived with my x for 21/2 years and should have proposed to him but left him to become vegan and give my horse a better home.
I regret leaving n would move back if he accepted me as vegan and didn’t use glue traps.

21/2 years living happily together seems perfect timing.

I should have proposed.
Left for the animals as we have different stands there and politically.
It’s ok to be different.

The last guy I was seeing is funny and sexy and great in many ways but bad temper and he may be the best sex but I could never live with a temper like that and a bad temper when u r not living together imagine what it becomes when u r living together.
I have love for him and was wondering if I would marry him because the sex took me to ecstasy but I’m still inlove with my other x .
He is the best man I know I think n I have his name tattood on me.

You can get nasty surprises if you marry before living together.

I’m thinking after preschool. You definitely want to get a handle on toilet training and start working on letter and object recognition first.

I think when you feel confident in yourself and your partner as your match. It’s hard to say in detail really as I’d never consider getting married