Why don’t they.change the name Schizophrenia to Dopamine Overload

Lol

15charcters

1 Like

I personally think it is more than just a dopamine dysregulation. I mean, I once looked up what chemicals are antagonised etc. By our medications, it is a pretty long list… :no_mouth:

1 Like

When they created thorazine chemists were just throwing anything at the test subjects and by luck it worked. Over the years they retooled the same type of chemical structure and made all the medicines we have today. They just have theories about dopamine, nothing’s been proven. All doctors have quackery in them.

2 Likes

@lovesong I’m on amisulpride too. It’s excellent for my positive symptoms and negative symptoms improve too. I’m on 400mg more or less for nine years. Here in South Africa there’s no generic, just brand name Solian . My prolactin is high but I don’t lactate like I did on risperidone, and I still get my period.

1 Like

it is just a name. ignorant people associate sz with madness, evil. i dont tell anybody i have sz. i dont like to suffer ignorance. i like dopamine excess disorder but it would have to be more specific. you have to note we only have dopamine excess in one brain pathway, the one that causes the positives. we have low dopamine on the frontal cortex of our brain which gets decreased a lot by APs causing the negatives. so we have high on one place and low in the other. the rest is equal to a normie.

1 Like

If they ever change the name for schizophrenia then they should also eliminate the schizoaffective diagnosis.
Label it as either schizophrenia with mood symptoms or bipolar with psychotic features

1 Like

I do too. Life was always difficult and I never had it easy like yourself.

Thanks for replying @Aziz xx

1 Like

Yes !! At last someone to vouch for the truth.
Solian is the brand name and the active ingredient is Amisulpride. Here in the UK sometimes you’re given Solian and sometimes Amisulpride, there the same ingredient. Probably different bulking agents, but main ingredient Amisulpride.

Yes works great for both negative and positive symptoms. I was on 1200mg in 3 divided doses. I am now down to 600mg Amisulpride & 600mg Quetiapine.

Yes I have lactated in the past but that stopped. My prolactin is also very high, but my consultant isn’t too concerned. And she really is a good Dr.

Thanks @Hadeda for sharing this

xxx

1 Like

Because they’d label us as dopamines.

1 Like

I think there is a certain amount of guesswork among psychiatrists when they prescribe medicines, because the same med’s can cause different reactions among people. I knew a guy who could take any amount of Stellazine, and it didn’t affect him. Just a little of that stuff leaves me totally miserable. Some people can take any amount of Trazodone, and it doesn’t affect them. Other people can take just a little of it, and it puts them into a deep sleep for twenty hours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.