Why does the medication stop working?

It’s like every few months I need an increase I don’t want anymore increases.
The people in the sky are watching me. My thoughts are not safe.
Sometimes people want to hurt me; they want to shoot me while I’m driving.

I don’t want anymore Clozaril. I feel like it’s the medication making me like this.

1 Like

I felt like that a bit when I was on different meds. Maybe instead of increasing you could use an adjunct?

1 Like

When you fell uncomfortable it means change is needed, increase, decrease, changing med or combining with sth else💖

Yeah, I’m thinking I might need to go that route; maybe I’ll start taking Trilafon again.
But to be honest, I’m all burned out from trying all these meds and still ending up in a less than favorable situation :frowning:

I’m sorry. I totally understand, though. I’ve been there many many times. About there now.

1 Like

Wow, my psychosis is getting bad; suddenly, I feel like there are guns pointed everywhere at me😥 People want to kill me. People are watching me.
I really hope I can see my doctor soon…she gets booked up fast and my current appointment is in January; too far away.

Perhaps it’s the med itself that is not compatible with you? perhaps you could switch medications?

Are you doing any extra therapy on the side to help with coping skills and such?

I hope you feel better. I wish you well.

3 Likes

i think you know the answer, you’re what they call “treatment resistant”, that means you tend to have breakthrough symptoms and ongoing pyschosis regaredless of being on meds or something like that. i think the best bet for you would be to realize that everyone cycles in and out of the illness, if raising the meds doesn’t cut it i would try maintaining the dose or adding on another antipsychotic or benzo. no reason in feeling psychotic all the time .

1 Like

I’m definitely treatment resistant, and I’m worried; if Clozaril doesn’t help, what will?