Why do some not like u

why do some not like u

No one else does, so might as well join in and be liked :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think it’s that way in all walks of life. People either get on or they don’t. I do think that for someone with MH problems this can be worse though, as people can be intolerant of our differences.

1 Like

True, one neighbor told me one day that what people don’t understand, they really don’t want anything to do with it. Many could just be trying to be polite by avoiding and not saying anything and we might see it as rude.

2 Likes

I probably accidentally piss people off. I mean to do good but people take me the wrong way. I get mad like everybody else but I get treated bad a lot because I’m not mean enough.

Its just sad that you get penalized for doing good and rewarded for acting like a jackass. It’s not a black & white thing for me though. I have been getting pissed off lately and I take it out on some people who started it. I’m a little careful though. A few months ago two people got shot and killed almost right in front of my house and we have a lot of homeless people here who unfortunately sometimes are obviously mentally ill and they occasionally lose control and become threatening or yell at people walking down the street.

3 Likes

I think you make good jokes Nick

4 Likes

I tried being nice to everybody (my former friends), but they took advantage of me. So I just don’t even try to have friends anymore. They all backstabbed me in the end.
I hate those kind of people. People that use, abuse, and backstab others. “Get it while you can no matter what” is their motto. It’s like being raped emotionally by them…I used to really trust them. I don’t want friends anymore. They hurt me in some way in the end.
I’m not trying to victimize myself. It’s the truth. I hate being labeled as the “victim” like it’s my fault.

1 Like

do I even like myself?

1 Like

Nobody likes me. At least, that’s my perception. My pdoc thinks that is my delusion. He thinks that I am a very nice person and that there is no reason in the world why anyone would dislike me. I agree with him. However, I still think that most people don’t like me. Not only that, I think that the more people know about me, the less they like me. It can even progress to the point of downright hatred. I tend to keep to myself and isolate in my apartment as a result of this, which, I don’t mind at all. I enjoy my own company. I have a lot of interests and activities to keep me very busy without the need for companionship. I do have a pet cat, who I love very much.

1 Like

Exactly how I feel.

1 Like

Haters going to Hate
Potatoes going to POTATE…
Just look at the Woolf of fear to see if it even has teeth!

1 Like

LOL! That’s funny.

1 Like

Why should we put in all the effort to keep relationships going. I feel like I always have to be the initiator or I would never hang out with anyone. BOOO!

4 Likes

I second that. some things are better left unknown, I say; especially things that can get me in trouble…

I’ve grown to believe that good and bad is usually subjective. maybe that belief might change in the future, but I slightly hope it doesn’t.

in many cases, I’ve found it more realistic to be at least accepted or respected, rather than liked. I don’t know why people don’t like me sometimes, but I really don’t care either. I can’t change how some people think.

I don’t really know why people don’t like me. I’ve been trying to figure that out for the longest time. It seems like everyone has something personal against me, and I don’t know what I did wrong. All I ever am is nice and considerate, yet I get all of this nastiness heaved upon me.

I think a lot of us spend a lot of time either alone or withdrawn so we do not have any social finesse. It is only recently that I have felt any secure sense of belonging so can relax and join in a congenial conversation. Another thing that happened when I began to relax - I let farts. Gotta learn how to control that all over again.:grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve never had anyone tell me that they didn’t like me nor brazenly act like they didn’t (have had plenty of passive-aggressives, though), which makes me wonder if I’m intimidating in some way. It’s pretty much impossible that nobody has ever disliked me, so again makes me wonder if many of the people who do dislike me, dislike me at least in part because they think I’m mean, overbearing or otherwise an intimidating / hard to get along with sort of person. I’ve definitely found that in work environments, people either seem to really like me, or they become the passive-aggressive types towards me, and I’ve read it said of narcissists that they tend to be people who are loved and loathed but little in between, and I do have my own narcissism problems. So maybe it’s all central to that.

In my case, I think it’s because I probably hold an asocial demeanor about myself due to me being an introvert. Other reasons I theorize are the case are that people see me as a weird person and they don’t want to involve themselves with me because of that.

Past mistakes I guess lately just very distant with people. I guess still working on try to be myself. Think that’s the issue atm not sure who I am.

I agree that good and bad are subjective. So I guess it stands to reason that people’s opinions of me, good or bad, are probably none of my business.