Why are they mean like that?

There is a chance that I will have to get a roommate due to expenses even though I am shooting for a single room.

I was anonymously asking Stuff like “would you live with someone who is super neat, super messy etc?”

eventually I asked “would you live with a person diagnosed with schizophrenia/affective who is medicated”

The responses on that one were kinda…bad. Mostly stuff like “hell no”, “no, they would go paranoid on me”, to “you’ll end up taking care of them.”

A few, a small few, were positive.

I know stigma is out there but why is it that bad? Everyone acts like they understand until they don’t want anything to do with you because of a stupid label. Idk, I guess it just made me sad.

4 Likes

Years ago when I was interviewing for sublet rooms I would just describe myself in a way that would cover my ass. Like saying I was very introverted and enjoyed staying home and reading. That was like my code for, “I will spend most of my time in my room with the door locked and not wanting to talk to any of you scary-ass evil people.” But I came across as a harmless, quiet nerd.

3 Likes

people suck, I also had trouble finding a roommate when I was looking two years ago, I got lucky that the 53rd person I talked to was okay with being with a ‘Schizo’ as so many of them put it…

3 Likes

I hate it so much. I guess it is life in the end. It just feels like I’m being judged before they get to know me.

1 Like

people do that to everyone, its not just because you have a mental illness…when I was in college before my SZ was triggered my three roommates judged me on a picture, that id be some punky jock too focused on working out to help keep the place clean…I was fit back then…well they realized their mistake when I turned out to be one of the smartest guys in school, I was in the top ten who graduated from my program, and the top 20 of those who graduated from the college that year…but I was also a neat freak…and a stickler for rules…cant tell you hw many time I physically carried my older roomies girlfriend out of the room…no women in a mens dorm room after 9 PM, she was always trying to get away with spending the night, but guess what? I wasn’t going to have some hooker wanna be (she dated eleven guys in the first 5 weeks of the school year all at the same time) staying in my room over night while I tried to study!!!

2 Likes

No worries youl finda cool roomate. And the rest the potato father shall rain mushy old potatoes on them to death…it is known…

2 Likes

Yeah, they just said some really mean things about me and other sz people that was completely inaccurate. It made me sad, for a bit.

They are insecure and need someone to feel better than.

1 Like

They are just bullies really :frowning:

The under educated misinformed over opinionated masses… It has to be movies thats feeding alot of this into their normie brains…on the flip side of that movies fed this overly horrible view i had on mental health facility’s a view so strong i hid and lied about what was wrong with me until 6 months ago…

1 Like

I’ve come across plenty of normies out there who were hard to live with too. They’re a petty bunch.

2 Likes

That’s so true. Being petty seems to be a common trait amongst the normal class.

1 Like