Who wants my gumbo recipe? someone start a poll for me?

I don’t want to go to the effort unless like six people want the recipe…who wants my Paul Prudhomme custom gumbo recipe? someone please put up a poll…I don’t know how.

1 Like
  • Gumbo
  • No Gumbo

0 voters

1 Like

oh thank, you @everhopeful

2 Likes

Does gumbo have meat?

1 Like

yes unfortunately…sorry…should have specified that. chicken and andouille sausage, with veggies and broth.

1 Like

well I got five yesses so that is enough to post the recipe…give me a second…

1 Like
                                  Mick's gumbo recipe

4 cups chopped onions
3 cups green peppers chopped
3 cups chopped celery.

combine chopped vegetables and set aside…

seasoning mix,

4 whole bay leaves
4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano

set seasoning mix aside.

1 -1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 -1/2 cups basic flour.

2 tablespoons minced garlic (set next to seasoning mix)

12 cups vegetable stock ( see below recipe for vegetable stock recipe.)
2 packages chopped andouilee sausage or kielbasa if you can’t find andouille…
4 chicken breasts, chopped into cubes.

5 cups uncooked rice, 10 cups cooked white rice.

you will need a skillet and a flat or regulare wire whisk to do the following step…

heat the oil on med high heat until the oil is hot then gradually add the flour, whisking at high speed to keep it from burning…if you want to take some of the stress out of making this mixture turn your heat down to medium after you add the flour, this will slow how fast the roux cooks…anyways…keep stirring until the roux is a reddish darkish brown…take off fire and add chopped vegetables to the roux (what an aroma!), after stirring that with the whisk for a couple mins. off the fire, add the seasoning to the roux too…stir that in really good and then in your stock pan remove your uncut celery stalks and onion from the stock pot and bring to a boil…once boiling, stir in spoonfuls of the roux until all is dissolved in the stock water…the broth should be a rich, thickened slightly broth after you add the roux…add the chicken and andouille sausage and cook on med high heat for about thirty mins…serve on a layer of white rice. enjoy !! you will never forget this gumbo !!

vegetable stock recipe

in the 12 cups of water required for the gumbo, put two stalks of celery and one yellow onion chopped in quarters into the water and bring to a boil…once lightly boiling reduce heat to low and simmer for an hour…this will make the water rich tasting in the broth when you add the roux to the gumbo…

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.