Who’s your favorite 90s grunge band

I will have to go with Alice

Alice in Chains is like the only one I actually like

No soundgarden?

1 Like

2 Likes

They have some good songs like Black Hole Sun and they’re frontman was awesome. Rip Chris Cornell. But ultimately I just don’t like the sound of grunge that much. And really, AIC is good but I skip their more grungey songs.

1 Like

I don’t know what is consider grunge , alt rock etc. I can never keep track.

Maybe Pearl Jam, Nirvana, or Stone temple pilots.

P.S. Have you ever noticed that stone temple pilots vocals often sound just like pearl jam?

1 Like

Ooh. Soundgarden also. I’m probably not remembering a bunch. the nineties were so long ago…

1 Like

Sick Puppies comes to mind first, though I know there are others I like better.

I remember dating a girl and we were listening to my iPod in the car and a Sick Puppies song came on. The way her face twisted when she saw the band name was hilarious lol she took it literally.

I assume the only one anybody talks about is Nirvana

We had this one girl in our middle school class who was sooo into them and worn Nirvana shirts half the week. When Cobain died she was a total wreck.

Nirvana was the best live grunge performers I got to see. Pearl Jam had alright live shows but Alice In Chains and STP looked like they hated their jobs and where forced to be there.

1 Like

Nirvana, then soundgarden, then foo fighters, then alice in chains…

Nirvana. AIC, Badlands, Mother love bone, Pearl Jam… I did not listen much of STP, Sound garden or Audioslave… AIC tops it for me…

Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters to name a few.

I liked Kurt Cobain

1 Like

Screaming Trees and Nirvana!

1 Like

I just realized I didn’t answer the question. I liked Nirvana for some of the stuff but the group I liked back then the most was Smashing Pumpkins… not sure if they can be considered grunge. Stuff like Zero sounds pretty grunge.

I was so busy in the 90’s, working three jobs raising kids and working on my house that I never listened to the new bands. Give me James Taylor and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

I loved all the 90’s grunge bands! I was totally into them. Especially Alice in Chains.

2 Likes

I absolutely love Grunge!
Believe it it or not I wasn’t into Soundgarden back in the 90s but today I love Chris Cornell and now Audioslave is one of my favorite bands!

1 Like

Is guano apes considered grunge if so I’d definitely pick it over nirvana