Who is coming off antipsychotics in the future?

eventually I shall partake of the blessed …

Do you use cbt or other therapies to treat symptoms? If you don’t take meds how will you react if your getting some symptoms? Can you tolerate hearing voices from time to time? Or whichever symptoms you usually get.
You should also have aps available to take as needed incase things do get out of hand.

Basically be prepared if you go that route

Stop picking on Aziz. Some days we get a little better for awhile. I spend most of my days on my chair or in bed but sometimes I have good days.

2 Likes

im forced to look for work.im not on disability pension.im sick as well i still have to look for work.its not fair.

1 Like

Well, no need to take your problems out on someone else because you are jealous of them. Most of us would be happy to work if we didn’t have overwhelming sz symptoms. Aziz would work if he could.

3 Likes

My episodes are sudden and severe delusions with a few hallucinations, followed by a lack of insight.

I doubt I’d be able to manage the symptoms, I just have to hope I don’t have another episode.

Would be happy to stay on 2.5mg for a while before going off.

1 Like

then your gonna be in trouble and I wouldnt recommend you coming off them.

you cant be nieve about the fact that you can get more episodes. the illness doesnt magically go away for most people

if you were able to get insight during an episode then its a little more manageable

1 Like

im in canada. i would get like 700 a month on disability. not even close to enough money to live here. so you have to live with your parents or someone that will pay for your life. so i must work too.

2 Likes

The last episode was triggered by stress, so hopefully I can avoid stress and it won’t happen again.

I see your logic though, but would like to give it a final try.

1 Like

I think you are being quite rude. Just because you have to work you are blaming someone else for taking disability that they qualified for.

1 Like

and accusing him of lying is very inappropriate. You don’t know his circumstances.

1 Like

im pretty sure aziz tried to work in the past. its ok if he is on disability. i understand that the illness can totally wear you out over the years. I was very close to ending up on disability myself this year. but i found a job that works for me right now.

1 Like

Dude I wish I can work as I want much more than 600$/month. I used to work full time on 80mg Latuda but now cant on 6mg Risperdal. Stop comparing yourself to others, you know nothing about others especially since we are online. We have different symptoms. I dont get why you are complaining given that you’re not homeless. Also its not bcz I am Syrian like you that you should compare yourself to me. Be thankful that you’re not homeless.

5 Likes

They are unable to reply now. So continue with your main discussion unbothered.

3 Likes

I know im on it forever. lol but im okay with that. I think it has multivitamin for my brain, you know. If you think that way its really not that bad at all.

3 Likes

Except for the side effects…… have you ever tried to come off, how many episodes have you had?

1 Like

I currently have no side effect from current medication omg im so happy, because my pdoc gave a anti side effect medication. So its perfect for me, im doing well, my anxiety, paranoia, delusions and fear intensity has lessen alot lately i dont know what happen, i dont what change i maybe the krav maga classes i did but man i feel really good lately, lots of energy, motivated, positive and very happy too.

2 Likes

Quite an entertaining thread over all and some really good interaction.

Lots of us are in the same position, but have different outlooks.

2 Likes

I wish I could I dream of the voices going away but I guess I have to keep taking them for now.

1 Like

Hopefully they will…. I’m lucky not to of had voices.