Who here uses pets to help cope?

I find it funny that according to studies done that the only reason my cat loves me more than a cat normally would is because she didn’t grow up like normal or something like that. Though on that same token cats are actually impossible to do scientific studies on because of how uncooperative they are by nature. My cat is even like this despite running to me when I call her because half the time when I call her she’ll just stare at me and seemingly lay down on purpose.

My dogs keep me sane every day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not camera shy…

3 Likes

I miss my mom’s dogs. I moved out and into my own place about 8 months ago…

I don’t think I’ll get a pet anytime soon.
My childhood dog died and if I’d have been more responsible I likely could’ve helped him.
My father should’ve taught me but I should’ve known too

Sheba is the focal point of my daily life. We cuddle a good part of the day away. Although sometimes I think she thinks she’s running this home and not me.:laughing:

1 Like

My cat is really weird about it, she obviously enjoys receiving affection from me but she’s so defiant about sitting in my lap or being generally too close to me. She sits on my lap when she chooses to but it seldom happens. I think it might have to do with something like she’s still partly feral and probably always will be and/or physical contact makes her anxious despite she enjoys it.

we have 4 cats in the house and i love them all. I will be starting an aquarium with local fish species this spring to give me something to take care of and watch. i love fish since i was little.

1 Like

i have my fish, and my lizard who is a bearded dragon called kaisei. he is my baby, i worry about him a lot. he doesn’t eat as much as i would like him too. but he’s entering burmation (kind of like lizard hibernation)

i also take care of my in laws dog. a shih Tzu.

1 Like

6 Likes

All these pictures of cats makes me want a cat. Maybe the dogs would like a feline companion to keep them company too.

1 Like

Animals have always been a part of my life, though many dogs have found a place in my heart I have never met a cat who didn’t like me. It’s something about me, cats just seem to take an immediate liking to me. I have one at the moment who I’ve been through hell and back with. He was an indoor cat in a studio apartment for his first nine years before I took him in, introduced him to the great outdoors where he got to you know, be an actual cat and hunt things. We now live together in a condo where his great outdoors consists of a small porch.

Animals have had an enormous impact on my life. In fact a friend of mine posted something on facebook tonight that said this:

-“My first instinct when I see an animal is to say hello. Though my first instinct when I see a person is to avoid eye contact and hope it goes away”

I wholeheartedly relate with this statement.

4 Likes

It’s a legitimate strategy

4 Likes

I just adopted Tiggy today. He is 10 weeks old.

2 Likes

My cat is sixteen years old. I love her she keeps me sane. I think of her as my spiritual guardian.

I got my cat as a kitten at about 6 weeks old, from the outdoors. She didn’t get socialized soon enough because of that, so she’s still fairly feral. Still a really great and affectionate cat. You know a cat really trusts you, when they’re high strung from being partially feral, but are acting this lethargic about you being behind them.

I was deluded to think i was rescueing animals by buying them in the pet store