Who Here Has a Yoga and/ or Meditation Practice?

Hello. I am sza and I have been doing a home yoga practice for the past 12 years now. I love it. I do yoga for 20- 40 minutes every single day to either my own sequences or to yoga apps on my smartphone. I would never miss a day. I am almost 57 years old next month and I have very severe osteoarthritis that is controlled through a mild narcotic, a strong NSAID, foam rolling as needed, and a daily yoga practice. I also do twice daily empty bowl meditation that goes a long way towards controlling my arthritis pain. I have been meditating consistently everyday now for the last four months. It is working wonders in a lot of ways: on my mood, thoughts, creativity, weight control, anger management, migraines, pain management, memory enhancement, motivation, etc… I wouldn’t go a day without it. I am very consistent with my 15 minute, twice daily meditation practice. It has been like a miracle for me. I recommend yoga and meditation to everyone.

3 Likes

I just posted below you on another thread that I meditate. I meditate twice a day for a half hour each session, and it is very calming. I also am starting to do energization techniques as well, they take about 15 to 20 minutes to do. I was initiated in a form of kriya yoga in 2001 but I did not stay with it. I am now in the process of preparing to be initiated in another form of kriya yoga.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to do yoga but just couldn’t get into it. I have a DVD or two but don’t use em.

I use this for 15 minutes a day

2 Likes

I can’t meditate anymore… Might be my d.I.d… I seem to slip deeper down the rabbit hole meditating here lately…

Actually when I had my last bad breakdown we had a guided meditation class in the hospital… Just as my breathing was counted properly and my body relaxed… I felt dread and had to force my body to shake so I could wake up… I ran out of the room and had to take a klonopin… The last couple times I unintentionally slipped into meditation and had to struggle and fight to return…

Please be careful meditating… Don’t wander too far… I’m not trying to knock it I loved meditation up until last year…

3 Likes

does stretching count?

it helps back

2 Likes

That’s just wonderful, Maynard!

1 Like

I don’t have a diagnosis of D.I.D., so, this might not be so much of an issue with me.

1 Like

Yes, stretching is great for the whole body.

1 Like

Do you work? how do u manage time?

1 Like

I am a buddhist and i try to meditate every day. During the warmer weather i have a nice routine of morning meditation on my covered porch, but ive found it hard to meditate inside during the winter this year, and im feeling the negative effects of missing my sessions. I try to focus on my breathing and my senses and the sounds of the wildlife on my property which is great in warm weather, but with the stale air inside during the winter i find my mind wandering and getting lost and i loose my center. My mantras help sometimes but i usually use them in addition to my prayer beads in times of severe stress. I am still working on a solution to this dilemma so i can regain my inner peace and continue my exercises in mindfulness during these cold winter months. Im not sure why i am having so much trouble this winter but i have been under some serious stress for a few months so im sure that is playing a part in my issues.

1 Like

During my first psychotic break, a year and a half ago, I was able to meditate like 5 separate times. I stilled my mind and didn’t move for like 15 minutes. It was unbelievable. I have not been able to do it since then. I want to try though. I think I am going to use some YouTube soundtracks for binaural stimulation. I have used them for studying before and they really work to help me focus. I have also heard of images you can look at. Probably be better if I looked at an image and listened to the binaural tones. I don’t do yoga. I have a gym membership that I don’t use. I use to find weight training very therapeutic. Just me, my music and the weights. I just need to go. Been lazy.

2 Likes

No, I’m retired. That’s why I have time to do all of this.

1 Like