To learn how to let it go / How to stop the voices

This article is kind of old, but I found it of some interest /

http://www.calmdownmind.com/voices-in-my-head/

I have tried to apply myself to some of the exercises listed on this page ( emilymoody both three minutes breathing space, No 8 and No 9, and when I succeed, they provide you with real great perspective on life and sickness. Unfortunately, the two or three last times that I tried, I had to stop and got frustrated to not even be able to sit on it for 3 littles minutes… Anyhow, you guys take good care and please feel free to share comments on those two resources if you wish too. Best,

2 Likes

Good practice…the sz who can meditate has command of the illness…i cant meditate for long anymore…its a good indicator of how sick you are…i remember meditating daily when i was healthy…i tried at the hospital in group…i freaked out and bolted…

this. this is my life. I considered myself a master at meditating. now I can’t. I feel … defeated

2 Likes

Ha…your a druid hippie ginger…never be defeated…just practice…you can watch tv and practice breathing in and holding and letting go… I go through phases where i can and long periods where i cant…its like knowing the gods…and then not hearing from them for years…

dont loose heart they are still watching and smiling upon you…go with shadow o ye child of light…

2 Likes

false. I now have the attention span of a gold fish

2 Likes

I do too lol…i tried just be patient you did it once you can do it again…got get some adderal…lol

1 Like

I can’t count to five when breathing anymore :smile_cat: just try it, though, and when you get distracted, just acknowledge it and try again.

@minnii was walking me through counting and breathing a few months back, it took maybe 9 or 10 tries before I could count to 10. I just kept starting over until I finally got there.

2 Likes

Moved to Health and Recovery.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)

1 Like

I fine this article very interesting. I’ve tried meditating and breathing exercises before I was hit with all the confusion and I could do it just fine. Now? I can’t sit still for more than 3 minutes. I think it’s a sz thing but it could be because I lost practice. My therapist suggests I should try it again but…meh.