• I’m Sz paranoid type
  • I’m Sz disorganized type
  • I’m Sz catatonic type
  • I’m Sz undifferentiated type
  • I’m Sz residual type
  • I’m Sz unknown type
  • I’m not SzA or Sz

0 voters

My psychiatrist feels that I could possibly have schizoaffective bipolar type or bipolar disorder with OCD.
She felt comfortable enough diagnosing me with schizoaffective.

My therapist feels that I have schizoaffective disorder.

1 Like

The only pdoc I spoke to about my problems diagnosed me as SzA. I was in a hospital psych ward back in 2008, and came out with a paranoid Sz diagnosis. I was out of it at the time and the hospital listened to my mom at the time. I think the original SzA diagnosis is the correct one, as my downs went away when I switched to Abilify. I don’t think I’ve ever been manic except for the one time I used Speed.

1 Like

I was misdiagnosed with sz but have given up trying to convince my health providers that I’m not crazy. I’ve got OCD and healthy existential dread.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that seksoempirico. I haven’t tried to get my pdoc to change my diagnosis. It probably isn’t worth the hassle.

1 Like

Are you currently diagnosed with schizophrenia? @NotSeksoEmpirico

I have paranoid schizophrenia with depression. Currently going through some insurance issues and wasn’t able to renew my depression med prescription. I’m feeling it now. I’m just constantly sad and think about all the crazy ■■■■ I did.

1 Like

Yes, but nobody who meets me believes it.

1 Like

Good luck having it “erased”
Once your diagnosed with SZ, it stays with you for life.

2 Likes

I’ve been suicidal depressed back in the Spring of 2019. I used an antidepressant for a while but stopped taking it. It was a little different from my daily downs I was going on when I switched to Abilify.

I think these diagnosis aren’t really contributing to person’s state of mind. Two different doctors can give you two different diagnosis for the same problem.

Taking blood and urine samples is only for checking whether or not you are using any psychadelics/drugs.

Otherwise there is no test to prove that you are suffering from sz other than observing your behaviour.

Personally for me I was first diagnosed with sz by a doctor and after three years another doctor diagnosed me with bi polar.

There is no way pdocs can tell who is sz and who isn’t through blood urine tests.

Depression and sz are two different things and only sz comes under the bracket of psychosis. But all patients with psychosis need not be suffering from sz there are psychosis cases due to other reasons as well.

Sz/bipolar all are same.

2 Likes

Thanks latenightsurfer.

1 Like

I agree with you.
My current psychiatrist is confused.

It’s a toss up between bipolar and SZA.

She is stumped.

2 Likes

Yeah. I had thought of suicide a couple times. Just how I’d do it if I would. I’m afraid of those thoughts coming back. The depression meds really made me more satisfied with my life. Which I have no life.

1 Like

Well I hope you can get back on antidepressants. Hang in there.

Interesting. Internet forum shows higher functioning forms.

1 Like

I broke my parents table and they put me on Zyprexa i am doing better

1 Like

Thanks @anon28145038 @TheOne_and_Only

I was disorganized type, but had my dial turned to paranoid after I improved.

1 Like

I have been diagnosed with
Schizophreniform, schizoaffective,
undifferentiated sz, paranoid sz

1 Like