Are you diagnosed Sz/SzA?

I’m SzA and curious of who also is.

• Diagnosed Sz
  • Diagnosed SzA
  • Diagnosed Other (describe below)

0 voters

2 Likes

Current diagnosis by my psychiatrist and therapist is bipolar disorder.
I’ve been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder in the past.

2 Likes

I am diagnosed with sz. At first it was psychosis NOS then changed to sz a few years later after I stopped my meds and got another psychosis.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding @Wave @Aziz.

2 Likes

I’m diagnosed as having Schizophreniform Disorder on medical records, but diagnosed as Schizoaffective by a pdoc.

2 Likes

Thanks Schztuna.

1 Like

Schizoaffective disorder, depressive type.

I hallucinate daily, and have episodes of major depression.

The key to the diagnosis I was told is that when my mood is neutral, and I’m not on a down swing, I still have positive symptoms.

The only thing my mood changes is the content of the hallucinations. How I interpret the stimuli, be it depressed with voices picking on me, or neutral mood and having angels.

I’m comfortable with my diagnosis, and feel it describes my symptoms well.

3 Likes

Thanks Ooorgle. That was helpful. My mood swings down, depressed, daily. They went away when I switched to Abilify. It’s been great.

2 Likes

I tend to get on a trip that there is nothing wrong with me, and I’m just imagining things. I take my med anyway, just in case. It’s cheap enough now that I can afford it.

1 Like

Schizoaffective depressive type

2 Likes

Thanks Zwaynopolous.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 40. Ist psychosis and then sz. Im also on abilify(10) and find it has cleared up both positive and negatives

1 Like

Thanks Lukejackson.

The first pdoc I saw diagnosed me SzA. That was decades ago now.

I’m schizoaffective bipolar type. I think it’s the correct diagnosis. I actually diagnosed myself with it (I was certain and schizoaffective runs in my family) about a year before my doctor finally diagnosed me with it. I currently take Vraylar 4.5mg, Lithium 450mg 2x day, and Lamictal 25mg, but I’m probably going to stop the Lamictal next time I talk with my doctor.

2 Likes

Thanks OcelotKitty.

How are your negative symptoms on Vraylar? I want to try it but its not available here in Canada.

my pdoc says it’s sz and in the last psych ward they called it psychotic disorder nos. I don’t know for sure. They call it different in several documents so i don’t know which one is right. They changed my diagnosis so often also. I was bipolar first and then it was autism and then later autism and sz… i don’t really care about it anymore tbh =D

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your diagnosis. Do you take meds?

1 Like

yea i take every 2 weeks a shot of 50mg risperdal, i take 200mg clozapine each day and i take 50mg sertraline each day and l-thyroxine 75microgram cause they messed up my thyroid in the past with lithium.

1 Like