Who has fear of flying after their illness

I have developed fear of flying after taking invega risepridone was not like this …have u ?

3 Likes

I dont fly anymore

2 Likes

Do U have fear or do u just not fly

2 Likes

I am scared to fly on planes. I am even scared to go on ships, ferrys, and the euro tunnel.

This all started after psychosis. I don’t use those forms of transport anymore unless my life depends on it. What about you?

1 Like

I was fine with flying but not ships as I have height phobia as well …but on invega I can’t fly or go on ships …

2 Likes

At least I save money from going on holidays.
But then again going on holidays across UK is expensive

1 Like

The last time I got into a boat/plane/train was about 10 years ago.

I don’t like any of them now.

2 Likes

I was a little afraid of flying and was scared that the plane was gonna crash. But I flew across the country anyway. I knew that the airline I was flying had been in business since the 90s and has yet to have a plane crash. Keep in mind plane crashes are still very rare. Much more dangerous to ride in a car.

3 Likes

Not strictly due to M.I. Went to see my father in USA in1995. 10 minutes into the flight I found someone had stolen my wallet with money and train ticket home at the Airport lounge.
Spent the flight in a state of high anxiety . Had to have help at Gatwick to get home.

Not been keen on flying since .

4 Likes

People on here due to mi.

2 Likes

Well it certainly ramped up my fear of getting lost and trapped by several notches.

2 Likes

I’ve wasted plenty of money on plane tickets not being able to get on at the last minute. I think I could manage it currently. I will never get on a bus for long distance again. California to Minnesota last year I was in full blown psychosis at the end.

3 Likes

I used to fly everyday in a old job years ago, I got no desire to fly since 911, not scared, Just hate travel

2 Likes

Me for sure. Keep my ass on the ground where its safe.

4 Likes

After a severe 2 year withdrawl from risperidone, I am scared to fly now. I also used to be terribly scared the floor would collapse.

3 Likes

Haven’t been flying since I was 18. I’m 35 now. I’d like to bus it to Charleston SC to see some Civil War sites but not sure about that either.

2 Likes

I am afraid.

I don’t like it when there’s turbulence.

I don’t even have a passport at the moment and can’t afford to get one yet either.

I flew between Sweden and Australia while psychotic and it was awful.

I’m just lucky I didn’t end up in hospital in some strange country.

Somehow I managed to not get hospitalised while flying or at airport.

I don’t know if I will ever fly again.

I have family in Sweden so it’s not impossible but I would have to get my passport and overcome my fear but then I might suffer on the plane.

I loved flying in a way because it’s exciting etc but I’m too scared of turbulence etc

1 Like

I love to fly. I still remember when airports were strange, alien places full of exotic food and alcohol outside of retail hours. Where everything was more expensive than anywhere else on earth.

I still love flying and done some great trips. Getting out of NOLA I was in the air about 23 hours over a day and a half in economy. I was totally devastated when I got into Brisbane Airport. I got grilled by a customs dude who signed my form so passed quickly through customs. I just want to go home I said!

Love flying.

1 Like

I have nowhere to fly to.

1 Like

I got vertigo after getting on the internet. I guess staring at a bright, well lighted screen as much as I have affected me like that. I used to be pretty good about dealing with heights, but not any more. I went off this cliff at Lake Tenkiller called “pure hell” six times when I was eighteen.

1 Like